OEM bed lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLaw0522

Reaction score
Sorry of this has been discussed but I searched all over and could not find an answer. I am aware the oem bed lights will only come on with the ignition on in some form. Has anyone figured out how to get them to come on even when the truck is off as the cargo light does? Either from the button on the dash or the button in the bed, or even better when the truck is unlocked and doors open? Thanks!

OP
OP
D

DLaw0522

Reaction score
Thats odd mine does not. Truck completely off, the two switches will only illuminate the cargo light, as soon as the ignition is on, bed lights join in.
In my gen 2 I had bed lights and cargo come on with aftermarket bedlights on the doors opening, truck unlocking, and switches but had a place do it since they were working on something else for me so. I would rather do it myself if its easy enough so thought I would see if anyone had done it.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
If you are talking about the two lights that are actually in the bed near the tailgate, ignition on not required for me either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc