GEN 2 Odd/loud compressor “like” noise intermittent.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squale

Reaction score
Any help is appreciated. I have a loud compressor type noise coming from the front of the engine compartment that is causing a vibration that can be felt in the cab.

This is a 2018 802a super cab with less than 20,000 miles on it.

After driving about 50 miles on the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park, after driving through a few silty puddles, this noise began while in 4H.

This noise would come on at start up, continue for 1-10 minutes in both 2, 4A, & 4H. Never ran hot, shifted fine, all gauges were good.

Washed truck off after the trip and the noise disappeared, but I took my rig into Ford to have it inspected.
Nothing found-sound would not replicate. After picking up today and driving 30 miles, the symptom came back while driving about 30 in 2wd, for about 45 seconds.
The noise reminds me of my old Viair compressor in my Jeep.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The video shows as Unavailable. Wonder if you got some dirt in the motor pulleys, did you try washing the engine yet?

OP
OP
S

Squale

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did spray out the underbelly, but will crawl underneath and double check everything.