Octane??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got through the 87 tank the dealer put in, you do notice a difference from 87 to 93. Or maybe it’s just broken in now :cool:

RTG

Reaction score
forgive my ignorance but what’s better for your engine, 93 octane w/ 10% ethanol or 91 octane with no ethanol?
With no Ethanol. Gas stations that sell Ethanol laced premium are evil. Ethanol free will give you far better milage, better performance and less gunking up of your engine.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With no Ethanol. Gas stations that sell Ethanol laced premium are evil. Ethanol free will give you far better milage, better performance and less gunking up of your engine.
no if only it wasn't your first and second born to buy the ethanol free...and essentially all gas stations have to sell to 10% ethanol gas thanks to the feds.... the great stations are the ones offering the ethanol free, if you can afford it

TheSkinMusket

Reaction score
no if only it wasn't your first and second born to buy the ethanol free...and essentially all gas stations have to sell to 10% ethanol gas thanks to the feds.... the great stations are the ones offering the ethanol free, if you can afford it
There is one gas station northern Wisconsin, near my parents house, where they sell 91 octane 0%eth for the same price as 93 octane 10%eth. I try to fill up there as often as possible.

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one gas station northern Wisconsin, near my parents house, where they sell 91 octane 0%eth for the same price as 93 octane 10%eth. I try to fill up there as often as possible.
God I wish. After doing a quick check around on gas buddy regular is same price around town as the non-ethanol though it’s listed as 88octane... so still not as nice as 93 that’s around here. But might be a better option honestly than ethanol laced 93...