Oct build movement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10/20 build

Delivered 2/2

Going through PDI:
70e0b4e87bd0f3f626afae93f8afab86.jpg

Congrats. I know you've had a long wait. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whaler230

Reaction score
I ordered mine Aug 1 and was build Oct 29 and it is still 'in transit'.
Ford obviously doesn't give a crap but this has been the worst car buying experience I have had. Not one person can give me an idea when, I have heard 'it should be soon' a thousand times. ETA orig mid-November, then mid-Jan then end of Jan. My Raptor trade keeps losing value and I get the benefit of buying a new one at their price. All I want is accurate info, guess the jokes on all of us who wait.

Delmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford obviously doesn't give a crap but this has been the worst car buying experience I have had. Not one person can give me an idea when, I have heard 'it should be soon' a thousand times. ETA orig mid-November, then mid-Jan then end of Jan. My Raptor trade keeps losing value and I get the benefit of buying a new one at their price. All I want is accurate info, guess the jokes on all of us who wait.

There is absolutely no excuse for such poor communication on behalf of Ford when it comes to managing expectations on trucks. When I had my first ETA of 04NOV, I took my trade to the dealership and got a decent appraisal. When my truck finally arrived and I went to pick her up at the end of JAN, I held firm the dealership should honor the late October appraisal because my truck was built, Ford had provided an ETA, and it wasn't MY fault the transaction didn't happen at that time. Surprisingly, the dealer honored the October appraisal.

Hope your truck arrives soon! As others have said, once you're behind the wheel it eases the pain of being treated like a second class citizen by Ford.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hang in there! I got my 10/27 build on 1/31, it came in late on the 30th, dealer stayed open and let me and my wife drive 45 min ride just so I could see her! it was all better when I saw truck for the first time, dirty, plastic on everything! made the 5,1/2 month worth it! I can not quit Smiling! Want to drive it all the time! So hang in there! if your truck is in a railcar and you can get the car number you can track it, I would ask the dealer, no skin off his back.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

There is absolutely no excuse for such poor communication on behalf of Ford when it comes to managing expectations on trucks. When I had my first ETA of 04NOV, I took my trade to the dealership and got a decent appraisal. When my truck finally arrived and I went to pick her up at the end of JAN, I held firm the dealership should honor the late October appraisal because my truck was built, Ford had provided an ETA, and it wasn't MY fault the transaction didn't happen at that time. Surprisingly, the dealer honored the October appraisal.

Hope your truck arrives soon! As others have said, once you're behind the wheel it eases the pain of being treated like a second class citizen by Ford.

May first eta was 11/17, took off work to be able to pick truck up, and sold my old truck because I had no need for both, well truck did not come in and I was left without a truck to drive. Do to the fact that I was given a hard eta, dealer sweetened the pot so to speak, and gave me a loaner F150 Loaded 4X4 to drive till my truck came in. I put 2800 miles on the loaner while waiting on my Raptor. My dealer treated me great! glad I went with them on my Raptor!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hang in there! I got my 10/27 build on 1/31, it came in late on the 30th, dealer stayed open and let me and my wife drive 45 min ride just so I could see her! it was all better when I saw truck for the first time, dirty, plastic on everything! made the 5,1/2 month worth it! I can not quit Smiling! Want to drive it all the time! So hang in there! if your truck is in a railcar and you can get the car number you can track it, I would ask the dealer, no skin off his back.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

May first eta was 11/17, took off work to be able to pick truck up, and sold my old truck because I had no need for both, well truck did not come in and I was left without a truck to drive. Do to the fact that I was given a hard eta, dealer sweetened the pot so to speak, and gave me a loaner F150 Loaded 4X4 to drive till my truck came in. I put 2800 miles on the loaner while waiting on my Raptor. My dealer treated me great! glad I went with them on my Raptor!

Wow, now that is a good dealer, we should all be so lucky!

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my truck! SCAB 800A forged wheels
September 16, 2016 deposit and MSRP order
October 14, 2016 build
February 7, 2017 delivery to dealer and my pickup date
Certainly not the longest wait but not short either.

Thanks to everyone else checking over their trucks and finding issues, I checked all of them and I have some new issues to post. No skidplates were on mine and Ford failed to put the sub woofer in. Dealer has all the parts on order now. Steering wheel is also about 5 degrees off, so that will have to be fixed. Told them i am not sure I will be buying a Ford again. This is basic stuff, not hard to miss the front skidplate, but they did. Ford is full of it on the problem being software only given the mounting evidence, which now includes my skids, the confidential paperwork and the high mileage for "new" on lots of trucks. Mine had 93.8 miles when I picked it up and there were no papers, stickers or anything the dealer would admit too. Dealer said not to offroad it until the skids were installed, yeah right. Every truck I have owned gets baptized within 24 hours! The truck actually has plenty of clearance for lots of stuff without them. I will start a new thread on offroad driving impressions, plenty about street driving already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my truck! SCAB 800A forged wheels
September 16, 2016 deposit and MSRP order
October 14, 2016 build
February 7, 2017 delivery to dealer and my pickup date
Certainly not the longest wait but not short either...

Congrats!! 800A, that is a rarity! I tried to order an 800A but one of the safety options I wanted....BLIS or 360 Camera bumped me into an 801A. Please start a thread about the 800A's unique features compared to 801A/802A when you get a chance.

whaler230

Reaction score
My AG Crew built on Oct 29th finally arrived. 98.9 miles and the sticker with it said 65.5 miles, no big deal. Arrived filthy but it cleaned up well and besides swirl marks on the black b-pillars and the steering wheel being a little off it runs great. there are a few other nit-picky things but since it is my daily driver no big deal. if it was a GT350 or something I would be pissed. All in all a nice truck, hopefully these hold their values like the Gen 1 trucks. Thanks for all the kind words to help with the patience while waiting.

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there still October builts waiting to get there's ? If so what was yours last update