Not trying to start a P mati, but

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always give the wave. My experience has been similar in that more Gen 1 guys wave than Gen 2. Kind of a bummer.

What the hell is a P mati??

I'm glad you asked! At first I was thinking it was one of the many newish internet slang/texting terms that fly over my head. I Googled a lot of crap over the last 10 years or so! :confused:

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to detect quite a riff between Gen 1 and Gen 2 folks by the various posts I've read. It's quite surprising to me. Some may be in jest, but I'm thinking there's more seriousness than there should be. I'm an extremely happy new Gen 2 owner and am really enjoying the forum. I'll wave to any Gen 1 or Gen 2 drivers on the road.

Cristian H

Reaction score
solution: wave more when you see a brother (or sister) gen1 AND gen2 crossing paths with you. be a change agent and teach the rookies how it's done! y'all be safe out there.

side note, i beat an s2000 and a gt last night when i dialed in the pedal commander to the max - one of the more rewarding feelings since becoming an owner

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to detect quite a riff between Gen 1 and Gen 2 folks by the various posts I've read. It's quite surprising to me. Some may be in jest, but I'm thinking there's more seriousness than there should be. I'm an extremely happy new Gen 2 owner and am really enjoying the forum. I'll wave to any Gen 1 or Gen 2 drivers on the road.

You’re not wrong. Both trucks are dope. I like to joke around but some people take it seriously and others who have been here for a while know we have a good time here without any harm.

The only thing that doesn’t belong Gen 1 or 2 is a lift kit. Even saying that there will be some tool that says oh it’s their money their choice like some forum save a hoe. Watch.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most that have a gen2 only bought it because it’s expensive and they see it as a status symbol. Very few are true enthusiasts, they probably didn’t even know about frf.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Status symbol? I thought those were the peeps buying Hummer H2’s back in the day? Lol. I remember back in that day me and girlfriend when to the dealer to look at them and one of us was thinking about maybe getting into one. One trip to the dealer was all it took to take me out of that line of thinking. But the interior felt crappy, low headroom(no I’m not a big guy)and it just felt all cheap and fake. Other than a 2500 series frame and a few upgrades it wasn’t a real deal vehicle.

Where am I going with this? The Raptor is a real deal. I don’t have to explain. So if your driving it for status ok then that’s great. But if your not enjoying it for the vehicle it is and buying it for that, your losing out. Just looking at this thing has to make you happy? Hell yeah!

Give a nodd to the Raptor next to you.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was just me...but I noticed the same thing with the Gen 2 crowd not as friendly...on the other hand, I get more attention from random people than I really want sometimes, whenever I stop to get gas or at the post office, etc...they especially notice my digital camo wrap job...HahAhaha.

LOL..you too....? I have to plan an extra 15 minutes per trip to answer questions at my PO and Gas Station...Sure its the "Shelby" draws them in..."Gee,I didnt know they made trucks" is the usual response,then its..."Can I see the engine and look inside.."...

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but when I meet a Gen 1 and wave I usually get a wave back. Not always, but usually.

When I meet a Gen 2 and wave, 90% give me a WTF with him look, no wave. Very few respond.

I'm thinking they aren't Raptor drivers just drive a Raptor.

My 2 cents....I also drive a Corvette and yes...like a motorcycle its standard to wave & stop to help...doesnt matter what year Vette your driving,in 40+ years of ownership on both the East & West coast,95% of time you get the wave...
.I dont have much of a chance to wave to ANY Raptors since I might be one of the very few in my area that even has one....think I've seen 4-6 around....'
I think you dont get all the waves from Raptors because there are SO many pickups,especially F-150's...alot look the same...and unless your really looking & pick up on the fact its a Raptor,by time it goes by,its just another pick-up to me...
I think if every other car on road was a Corvette,the wave would be way less....we would be waving all the time...and since where I live 50% of vehicles are pick-ups,people just tend to pass them by....Its when you stop...you dont get the wave,but you get all the comments...and so far,I've gotten way more thumbs up from other drivers then waves from other Raptors...Its all good...just enjoy the ride..! :)