Not trying to start a P mati, but

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19Stripper

Reaction score
Yeah not many raptors around my neck of the woods in general. I wave when I notice them. When I head to the east coast though theres a LOT of gen 2s. Always get a wave from them. Hardly ever get a wave from gen 1s. Might just be what you notice. Maybe I tend to notice Gen 2s more because it looks like my truck. Lol I do get waves and nods a LOT from people sitting on lawn chairs in their yards or on their porches though. I always wave back to everyone, regardless of what they drive. Just friendly.

And no... not jealous of the Gen 1s lol. The rumble would be cool and all but I drive my Gen 2 like I stole it and i always have a grin. I live in the rust belt in a state that cinders the hell out of the roads.. My last 2013 f150 was developing rust at 70k miles with regular washing. Fan of aluminum and fiberglass lol. ‍♂️

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of the 10-20 gen 2's I've seen in my area maybe only 3-4 waved/thumbs up or flashed their lights at me. There are a lot of gen 2's, maybe those other owners just think its another truck on the road when they see one.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like wrangler owners bitching about JK & JL owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryanb

Reaction score
I think if every other car on road was a Corvette,the wave would be way less....we would be waving all the time...

I've noticed the same thing about "the wave" with the Gen 2ers and I think you are pretty close to the reason why some folks newer to the Raptor community (instead of blaming it just on Gen 2 ;)) don't wave: Raptors aren't that uncommon anymore and when the dealer is practically giving them away (compared to what I went through with my 2013) there's much less anticipation or excitement about acquiring one. I had to negotiate with three dealers down from "$10K over MSRP" to MSRP at some lonely south Texas Ford dealership. I then had to wait 5 months for delivery and try really hard not to appear to my wife to be more excited about the anticipation of that than the birth of our child.

When she (the Raptor, not the child) finally arrived, I passed out cigars to agitate my wife a little, but I also started instinctively to wave to other Raptors because I knew how hard those guys worked to get their trucks (either waiting a long time or paying the big dollars to avoid some of the wait). Eventually the wave was because I knew how much fun those guys were having too!

I stopped waving at Gen 2s because I rarely got a response, but this thread has motivated me to try again!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d like to know what areas dealers are giving away Raptors? That’s not the case where I’m located.

Despite that I can spot more and more around these days. Still see Gen 1’s to. But there nowhere as common as your average Dodge Ram 1500. So it’s nice to spot one.

bryanb

Reaction score
I’d like to know what areas dealers are giving away Raptors? That’s not the case where I’m located.

I said "compared to what I went through with my 2013." It's hyperbole. :) These days you can buy a Raptor below MSRP and you can find plenty of stock-on-hand. This was much less true six years ago and maybe that is a small part of why newer Raptor owners don't feel that there is a community the way some of the long-time owners do. Or maybe not. Just an opinion.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a wave back from a Gen2 guy yesterday, me and the wife were mildly surprised. Maybe they’re catching on!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I gotcha, true things years back were tougher and less of these vehicles available. This performance and power level was way ahead of the pack several years ago. Still most dealers are still trying to get MSRP in most cases on Gen 2’s in a lot of areas. But you can get below if your patient.

The more common they become the less people may take it as a rare vehicle to see on the road. Still it’s far from an everyday truck you commonly see on roads.

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went on a longer than usual adventure yesterday in the Gen1, passed multiple raptors along the way. Result were it was pretty even between the generations as approximately the same amount of Gen1 and Gen2 owners waved or head nodded. Some just weren’t paying attention and some were just eye ****ing my truck instead of throwing up the high sign.

I appreciate the raptor for what it is and I still like to think a certain type of owner and enthusiast buys them. But, I feel more so with the Gen2 owners are a slightly different crowd that buys them. Possibly because the price point, but I know a lot of Gen1 guys “went to the dark side” and upgraded. Hell... I would’ve if I had a way to afford one. Lol

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting replies!! I wave to both and know I've probably been distracted and missed a wave or two. Problem here is very few Raptors, roads are hills and curves so you have to be quick!