GEN 2 Not sure what I've got... plannig upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got a new Raptor. Didn't plan on buying one- I mean I LUSTED for one ever since reading about them but the $$... ugh. So I was shopping for a mid 30's truck and found my truck on ebay- a BASE model Raptor for MSRP. Jeep was sold and now I have a truck I love. Well, except the audio. The Jeep had a ridiculous system- Focal, Hertz, JL audio... had maybe $6k in it. It was great.

This truck has the 4.3" screen, and 7 speakers- center of dash, two tweeters, and one in each door.

Does this system have an amp?

I'm thinking about utilizing the PAC Audio install kit with a double din Kenwood. Then I'll replace the speakers and eventually install a sub.

I'd like to keep the center channel speaker but would the head units have center channel output? Never seen it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Or it never happened

A base Rap. Nice. I think you may actually have an easier time than us with the Sony system, but, you’re probably going to have to do a more comprehensive upgrade. I’m not sure if the non-Sony models are amp’d, but I’d venture it’s probably not a lot.

OP
OP
C

Carnut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here are a couple pics. Envision your truck without any tech stuff, no hole in the roof, and super robust cloth seats.

Attachments

• IMG_5395.jpg
    IMG_5395.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5374.jpg
    IMG_5374.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5424.jpg
    IMG_5424.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 64