No/Low Cost Performance Mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LennyMoe

Reaction score
Man, I just picked up a used 2018 a few weeks ago and I've already dropped $6k into it. Tires, Cobb Stage2, other tidbits. I'm not flaming you, but respectfully, if you wanted cheap then you started with the wrong platform. If you use a Raptor as intended, the maintenance alone is going to be more expensive than a regular F150.
I'm annoyed with your OP because I drooled over the Raptor since the first day I heard of it in ~2010 after having owned many F150s before then and since. I was never financially or functionally/utility ready to buy one until much later in life. Now that I am I still bought a used one, because I have many other toys and priorities. Like ATVs, dirt bikes, two RVs, and a 250sq ft. gun safe room full of firearms. I could afford two R's if I wanted to. Instead, I'll have $50k into this super clean 2018 and over 600hp and loads of fun to serve my purposes and utility and no payment. Cash is king. If you over spent your budget and you are looking for cheap you should have purchased a used F150 or Ranger or Yoda and started within your means. Again, cheers and respectfully. Enjoy your weekend.
You had me in the first half of this comment, then you had to go and humble brag about being "able to afford two R's if you wanted to." To top it off, you make an even dumber comment saying cash is king.

First of all, people who can actually afford two R's don't tell people on the Internet, they can if they want, in an attempt to make OP feel like shit.

Second, if he financed and got a rate that works for him, who TF cares? It's his money. Asking if there are free mods to be done is exactly why car forums were created in the first place. Maybe he was just bored and wanted something to do on a Sunday afternoon without dropping $2k?

Lastly, cash is not king. Cash talks, but it's not king. If I can finance $65k (of an $80k truck) at 1.99% for 60 months, I pay $3.5k in interest, and if I keep that $65k in the S&P 500, it will make almost $50k in returns over that 5 year loan. Idk about you, but I'll take a net gain of $46.5k over being proud of the fact that I paid cash, 8 days a week.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I just picked up a used 2018 a few weeks ago and I've already dropped $6k into it. Tires, Cobb Stage2, other tidbits. I'm not flaming you, but respectfully, if you wanted cheap then you started with the wrong platform. If you use a Raptor as intended, the maintenance alone is going to be more expensive than a regular F150.
I'm annoyed with your OP because I drooled over the Raptor since the first day I heard of it in ~2010 after having owned many F150s before then and since. I was never financially or functionally/utility ready to buy one until much later in life. Now that I am I still bought a used one, because I have many other toys and priorities. Like ATVs, dirt bikes, two RVs, and a 250sq ft. gun safe room full of firearms. I could afford two R's if I wanted to. Instead, I'll have $50k into this super clean 2018 and over 600hp and loads of fun to serve my purposes and utility and no payment. Cash is king. If you over spent your budget and you are looking for cheap you should have purchased a used F150 or Ranger or Yoda and started within your means. Again, cheers and respectfully. Enjoy your weekend.
Respectfully, bragging on the interwebs doesnt make your wee wee bigger, sorry, and i mean that with the upmost respect.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You had me in the first half of this comment, then you had to go and humble brag about being "able to afford two R's if you wanted to." To top it off, you make an even dumber comment saying cash is king.

First of all, people who can actually afford two R's don't tell people on the Internet, they can if they want, in an attempt to make OP feel like shit.

Second, if he financed and got a rate that works for him, who TF cares? It's his money. Asking if there are free mods to be done is exactly why car forums were created in the first place. Maybe he was just bored and wanted something to do on a Sunday afternoon without dropping $2k?

Lastly, cash is not king. Cash talks, but it's not king. If I can finance $65k (of an $80k truck) at 1.99% for 60 months, I pay $3.5k in interest, and if I keep that $65k in the S&P 500, it will make almost $50k in returns over that 5 year loan. Idk about you, but I'll take a net gain of $46.5k over being proud of the fact that I paid cash, 8 days a week.
No way are you going to average over 14% a year after taxes in the S&P right now. I don’t disagree with the theory, you can get two year gov bonds over 4%.I think your thinking a few years ago and can you really get 1.99% now?

LennyMoe

Reaction score
No way are you going to average over 14% a year after taxes in the S&P right now. I don’t disagree with the theory, you can get two year gov bonds over 4%.I think your thinking a few years ago and can you really get 1.99% now?
I guess it depends on how you look at it. You don't realize gains until you sell, you don't pay taxes until you realize gains. I just used the S&P as an example because it's had an 11.8% average yearly return since it's inception, and in the last 5 years it's had an average return of 7.51%. Either way, it's still better than any interest rate out there. The point of my post was to say, I'm not going to pull cash from my investments if the bank is going to loan me nearly free money. Sure, interests rates are higher now, but I got my truck in 2021 and that's what my rate is. For the people financing now, they can always restructure the loan for $150 doc fee down the road when rates drop.

In other words, I just hate when people shit on financing a vehicle and then say cash is the only way. Nahhhh, if you're a cash only guy, your "cash" is literally losing you money every second of every day due to inflation. Rich people don't get rich by paying cash; they get rich by making their money make them money.