No car wash ARGH!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when I got my raptor. Manager said it would fit, got in, got stuck, had the back rims grounded out along the edge.

Manager stood by his mistake though and paid to have my back rims replaced.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found that nearly all the automatic car washes in my area will accept a Raptor just fine. But, it's Texas and at one point, I think we had more Hummer H2s running around in this state than we have hogs or jack rabbits. OK, that might be a slight exageration but, as a rule, if they'll take the Hummer H2 or (and this is rare) H1, they'll easily take the Raptor. The track and overall width of the Raptor is within an inch of the Hummer H2. Hand washing still can't be beat though if you're wanting the best results.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I've found that nearly all the automatic car washes in my area will accept a Raptor just fine. But, it's Texas and at one point, I think we had more Hummer H2s running around in this state than we have hogs or jack rabbits. OK, that might be a slight exageration but, as a rule, if they'll take the Hummer H2 or (and this is rare) H1, they'll easily take the Raptor. The track and overall width of the Raptor is within an inch of the Hummer H2. Hand washing still can't be beat though if you're wanting the best results.

Actually. The raptor is over 5 inches wider than the H2. The h2 is a Chevy Tahoe. If you ask the carwash if H2s are going through, you still most likely won't fit.

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hand wash always! No swirl marks or scratches from high school kids or low life's who hand dry at most of the locations around here.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed handwashing, but damn it all to hell, there're just times where I'd like to get the truck "touched up" before a night out. There aren't any hand washing places in my area that I know of, and I'm too damn nervous to let my truck be the guinea pig for disaster.

Considering the purchase price of the Raptor, a quarterly detail compliments of Ford, should be part of the package!

Heme61

Reaction score
Delta Sonics in IL all fit the Raptor so far. I have been to 4. I purchased the 12.99/month unlimitated washes. Keeps all the Chicago salt off......oh yeah

StrayCat

Reaction score
When you go to a car wash , I know they recycling the water. I realize they try to clean and condition the water the best that they can, but aren't you getting salt sprayed all over and under your car?

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you go to a car wash , I know they recycling the water. I realize they try to clean and condition the water the best that they can, but aren't you getting salt sprayed all over and under your car?

Not necessarily. The water coming out of those systems is often cleaner than the water out of your tap, and its definitely softer. Garden hose water can be really hard on your paint, depending on where you live.