No audio controls backlighting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbogo

Reaction score
I hope this is a stupid question but are the audio controls knobs & buttons supposed to be backlit? I have tried turning on the lights (at night but I think also should also be lit during the day) and nothing. See attached. All the controls knobs and buttons work properly though. I have not checked any fuses as I'm not sure where to even start. Has anyone had this same issue?

IMG_3662.PNG

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think so, but then again i cant say i remember seeing them lit up (not that i recall looking for them in the dark either)

ETA: they are supposed to light up, just checked

Last edited:

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a wear and tear part like your tires and brakes, and won’t be covered under warranty. Plus back in my day we had to hold up a lighter to the dashboard just to see how fast we were driving. Millennials. /s

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they should be lighted (mine are). Something is wrong with your truck, could be as simple as a loose connection but likely need a replacement button module.

OP
OP
Tbogo

Tbogo

Reaction score
Yes they should be lighted (mine are). Something is wrong with your truck, could be as simple as a loose connection but likely need a replacement button module.
Thanks @cfmistry. Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Looked a little at some connections and didn't see anything unusual. Not really knowing where they would be makes it difficult. Looks like a dealership visit unfortunately :(

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks @cfmistry. Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Looked a little at some connections and didn't see anything unusual. Not really knowing where they would be makes it difficult. Looks like a dealership visit unfortunately :(
You mentioned that you had not checked any fuses. Check them & ensure they're fully seated. At least rule this out before heading over to the dealer.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the buttons and knobs still work as intended, as you've mentioned, looks like there's something else perhaps going on with the connection in the rear that likely would warrant a visit to the dealer.

OP
OP
Tbogo

Tbogo

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all. Made an appt next week with the dealership. Service advisor had no clue about this issue. My fear is not knowing the techs skill level and tearing into the center console. If I could find the lighting schematic I could troubleshoot myself, ha!

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all. Made an appt next week with the dealership. Service advisor had no clue about this issue. My fear is not knowing the techs skill level and tearing into the center console. If I could find the lighting schematic I could troubleshoot myself, ha!
You are not wrong for feeling that way. I often feel like I know more about Raptors than the dealership does.

OP
OP
Tbogo

Tbogo

Reaction score
Checked both fuse boxes, again nothing loose or open circuit (blown fuse) visual inspect only. Can someone take a screen shot of the correct/should be lighting. Probably best if taken at night (dark) with headlights on.