Next-Gen Ford F-150 Raptor Will Get Supercharged 5.2L Predator V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wait until the Tesla truck comes out and will school any of the ICE trucks 0-60 and 1/4 mile. I could see Tesla being nutty enough to make a Raptor competitor.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be like an over sized RC truck. I remember when I was a kid I used to race electric RC cars and always dreamed of a full size version. If you took it to scale the full size version would do about 500mph and jump 10000 feet.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the TSLA truck still looks like it was designed in MS Paint.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But a beast nonetheless. I put a deposit down along with a rivian...

yeah really? Let’s meet up in northern Alberta in January do some over landing

how bout remote ski lodge in Utah in February, bet the 4x4 would be put to good use!

hell- some Baja runs in mid August would be fun to really get a comparison

In ALL these scenarios though? The funny thing is the utility of the truck & it’s capability are a moot point b/c the friggin LI ion battery will
Be sapped of power in no time & go into limp mode, let alone start out w/ less range to begin w/ vs ICE.....oh & btw, good F’n luck finding a suitable “charging” station in those situations, & no- there’s no way to practically “carry” extra battery packs like a can of gas....yet. Solar panel charging would be interesting too if feasible....but in general it’s still a pipe dream & in reality they’re not very suitable for true “off-roading”....

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah really? Let’s meet up in northern Alberta in January do some over landing

how bout remote ski lodge in Utah in February, bet the 4x4 would be put to good use!

hell- some Baja runs in mid August would be fun to really get a comparison

In ALL these scenarios though? The funny thing is the utility of the truck & it’s capability are a moot point b/c the friggin LI ion battery will
Be sapped of power in no time & go into limp mode, let alone start out w/ less range to begin w/ vs ICE.....oh & btw, good F’n luck finding a suitable “charging” station in those situations, & no- there’s no way to practically “carry” extra battery packs like a can of gas....yet. Solar panel charging would be interesting too if feasible....but in general it’s still a pipe dream & in reality they’re not very suitable for true “off-roading”....

Hence, why I will always keep a raptor and/or a land cruiser. My reason for Tesla truck is simple: it’s a business marketing expense.

Last edited: