5.2 supercharged engine production set to continue until at least 2028

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who has R/C cars/trucks over the years knows what a massive leap motors and batteries have made in the last 40 years. Even with all that improvement- it's just in the last 10 years where an EV passenger vehicle is feasible.

Not sure why all the hate towards EVs. I look at it the same way I do as homos and vegetarians- it's just more for the rest of us.
I don't hate EVs. I think they're fuckíng cool. I do hate politicians who try to force me to do what they think is right ....

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like Msrp to me! Once they bleed out all the business owners that can burn off…oops I mean write off the adms….reality will set in! We shall see sticker as well as R’s everywhere!

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll admit that I have a battery powered leaf blower but I will never have a battery car unless our gov't bans gas. When I see a person in a battery car I see that person as being part of the downfall of our republic. They're completely oblivious to their compliance, and to an agenda that will ultimately take their freedom away.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll admit that I have a battery powered leaf blower but I will never have a battery car unless our gov't bans gas. When I see a person in a battery car I see that person as being part of the downfall of our republic. They're completely oblivious to their compliance, and to an agenda that will ultimately take their freedom away.
Just think about how easy pandemic lockdowns will be when everyone drives an EV with a government mandated killswitch and "unforeseen" blackouts.

*I know that comes off very tinfoil hatish but I stand by my cynicism.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a government mandated killswitch
All vehicles are mandated to get them by 2026.

It's going to be referred to as a system to prevent impaired drivers - but they are getting the system implemented despite the won't-somebody-please-think-of-the-children nomenclature used.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't hate EVs. I think they're fuckíng cool. I do hate politicians who try to force me to do what they think is right ....
It's all California. They buy so many cars compared to the rest of the US that the automakers will always do whatever CA requires in their state.

About 70 million cars are sold per year worldwide. About 15 million are sold in the US. 1 in 5. Almost 2 million of that 15 million were sold in CA. 13%. Texas buys a whole lot of vechicles as well, but so many are trucks that CA fully drives the car market.

China is the only other big market that matters at all- but everyone knows that's 100% shady until the commies are no longer running things.