newborn and raptor, any thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Comish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 5, 2.5, and 6mo old. Baby is rear facing the other two fit well. Not only do they fit three across in larger car seats, the 5yo in a plush booster, but no one is kicking seats backs! We certainly can't say that in our Audi Q7 where my wife is always riding shotgun due to how far forward the passenger seat is. At 5'2" she isn't a fan of putting the baby in the truck, but does like that she can climb in with the other kids to assist with seat belts when needed. Our one frustration is that the locking mechanism catches too frequently from my daughter trying to buckle herself in. It's not always her fault as I've tried it myself. I feel like this happened less often in the Audi. Definitely disable the door close honk as it gets old very quickly. GOOD LUCK!

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
588f48cbf190284e7768f0595dfbb947.jpg06e6393bb45c25cf33d3f44f5d2a8120.jpg295ff93db4a960f9f043797dcdddab9b.jpg7599d310515bb9a32b155236155485a8.jpg

That’s front seats all the way back and still doesn’t contact the rear facing seat. Those are all full size car seats too. My girls LOVE to go bombing down the dirt fire roads in Davey Crockett National Forest. They demand the windows open and sunroof and like it best when I “break the tires” on back roads!(the occasional burnout never hurt anyone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have or have you thought about one of those firm seat covers?

I am kinda concerned the seats are going to get f’d from having car seats cranked down on them for the next 8 years.

If anyone has one, what brand would you recommend? Do we need one specifically or will and SCREW F150 designed model work?

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy to see that I am not the only dad here with multiple car seats in the back of their Raptor! I always get a chuckle when I am showing someone my truck and they comment on the car seats, lol.

But the Raptor (really any F-150 SCREW) is great for kids. Its super easy for them to get back there and much more room in the back seats than my DW's Range Rover. Also with kids you really appreciate the black interior. DW's car has a tan interior that is so hard to keep clean.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have or have you thought about one of those firm seat covers?

I am kinda concerned the seats are going to get f’d from having car seats cranked down on them for the next 8 years.

If anyone has one, what brand would you recommend? Do we need one specifically or will and SCREW F150 designed model work?

Any SCREW one would work. We just use the soft covers and they seem to do a good job. The seats seem to "fluff" back up after a day or so.

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Child-Carseat-Protection-Leather/dp/B07BSNHLZB/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=car+seat+cover+for+car+seats&qid=1568640805&s=gateway&sr=8-4[URL]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSNHLZB/?tag=fordraptorforum-20[/URL]

We use one like this.

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2.5 year old forward facing on one side and a 6 week old in a removable car seat with the base installed. Plenty of room for everyone and it’s quite spacious in the back for another adult too. I feel it’s way better going out in the Raptor than the wife’s MBZ GLE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My old lady has the ML and with three in the mb it is tight, BUT we can get the two dogs in the back of the MB....but forget about any gear

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3week old reverse face infant carrier, with snap in base behind drivers seat. Im 6’7 car seat doesn’t even touch back of my seat.

3.5 yo in the middle seat forward face, shes tall so with he toes she can kick console if she tries. Passenger rear seat stays folded up, easier access to middle seat for belting in.

Wish wifes yukon had this much room. Unfortunately the new expedition left a little on the table on exterior design.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually traded my JL wrangler unlimited because we are having a third in Feb.

will have 3 with car seats (2 front facing and 1 rear). can't beat the F150 for 3 car seats, my wife has an escalade ESV and the raptor has more room than second row of the escalade

Deckmaster

Reaction score
Newborn is the reason I got my Raptor. Had to make the move from a scab F-150 to something bigger. Went with my Screw 2013 Raptor and have not had a problem with the car seat ever. Has so much room for a very large rear facing seat.

IMG_20190623_105142.jpg

Kiddo is now 2 and I am getting ready to turn the seat forward. I will recommend some form of seat-cover that is car seat compatible as those little ones do tend to make a mess. The dog seat one is behind her seat in the picture here but I did get a proper one soon after. Otherwise you end up with this...
IMG_20190316_091938.jpg

'Smith

Reaction score
A woman that was drunk AND on pills tried to hit me head on in my '11 Screw on a 2 lane farm road. I swerved hard left and avoided the head on but she took a hard right at the last second and nailed my right rear wheel area. I woke up trying to figure out what I was seeing, turned out to be shattered windshield pressing the grass down, as I landed upside down. And the bump on my head was apparently from the rifle that was between passenger seat and console, that flew over and knocked me out. If it hadn't been there I probably wouldn't even had the bump on the head.

Great truck ! I consider it saved my life when all airbags deployed. Your son will be riding in style too!

Wreck1.jpg

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 year old and we just had a baby 1 week ago. I got the Raptor because of the huge amount of space in the back seat for kids. I think its a great family car/truck.