Newbie with a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My 2012 Race Red Screw should be here this week; however, I haven't been able to locate any threads that address my specific questions.

First, I live near Johnson Valley in So-Cal and love to pound whoops on my dirt bike...the bigger the better! So, how fast can one smash the whoops in the Raptor without braking it? Obviously it would depend on the depth of the whoops but I'm trying to get a general idea.

Lastly, do I need to get rims with the bead locks for the sand and whoops I plan on feeding the Raptor?

Thank you.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
1. I don't think anyone would be comfortable answering this question because it's really up to you to pre-run the course and build speed gradually until you think you've maxed out. Generally speaking 40MPH+ isn't an issue offroad.

2. You can air down your tires for sand without bead locks. The only concern here is that your low tire pressure idiot light will stay on the whole time.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bird hit the nail on the head... You have to prerun and become comfortable with your truck. There are way too many variables to say what speed over whoops will break a truck.

-Greg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc