Newbie Picked up 1 of the 5 Raptor Crate engines for F100 Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is truck I called Eco1 my first ecoboost swap. It had Full F150 chassis with all working electronics. I wanted as many features as possible for as cheap as possible so installed the dash, seats, floor, quiet steel firewall, hvac and about everything else from a 6400 mi donor truck. Absolutely fabulous to drive and got best of 32 mpg driving under 50 mph. It had 3.15 gearing.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW this is just one clean swap. Engine bay looks a bit busy lol...
The much smaller engine bay on old trucks does get pretty full! The large airaid airbox takes a ton of room. This photo was just checking fit as entire harness was laying on top of engine etc. Pretty much same way I did the current truck but it's a lot more complete.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eco1 walk around vid with interior. It may not look like it but there was actually more room in every dimension than my 2002 F250 SD. With the new late model firewall my feet would not touch the firewall while sitting in seat. With the adjustable pedals my brother in law who is 6'5" fit fine.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in case someone here might find the ecoboost builds interesting it's all here. Might be too much drama for some but the entire builds are here. now 195 long pages and well over 3 million views.

Most if not all of these builds are well well over my paygrade. Zero plans just gather parts and see what fits

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry - more questions. This video sounds like it has the cam phaser rattle, or at least bad timing chain tensioners. Did you happen to check that? Also, looks like excessive smoking which was a valve cover issue with a baffle problem. Did you check that too?
first time around it's good to give benefit of all doubt but do you EVER stop to think for even a second of WHY before you open your mouth and remove all doubt?

Maybe is that "smoke" or could it be a cold winter start with some condensation in exhaust that makes STEAM upon first start-up? You should probably pick scenario 2?

How about it's a engine swap and maybe just maybe it is just sheet metal and not a new truck and the sound might be a bit amplified on that cold winter morning with the sound bouncing everywhere? That would have been good choice on the 2nd question. Zero insulation etc. No inner fenders etc. Ever try farting in a tin can? That would have been a better choice.

I put 11,000 miles on truck in the first few months and it ran flawlessly. Hint: stop and think of WHY next time vs blurting out the first thing that comes to mind>