Newbie - Considering leaving GM for a Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I travel for a living so mine sits in the driveway more than its on the road...everytime i see one in my travels it puts a smile on my face knowing i too have one....pride of ownership means something when your paying for it... :)

OP
OP
C

cold1313

Reaction score
Consider the residual value of the Raptor and go get you one. You're gonna be kickin' yourself every time you see one going down the road turning heads. Your Chevy isn't going to do that for you.

So with that idea...lets say I keep the Raptor 2-3 years (only)...that means the new ones will just be rolling off the lot. How do we think prices will be? Will the drop because of the new vehicles?

Things happen and we all plan to own the truck forever, but life happens.

Where as the GMC I'd be more likely to keep because of the lower payment, better mileage, etc. then again...it'll drop in value much quicker.

Just thinking outloud, still lol

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Theres a big IF, if Ford will build a next gen Raptor, i wouldnt wait, just knowing that it will have a smaller engine bothers me

OP
OP
C

cold1313

Reaction score
I don't see how they can't build a new one....they sell so well. but I agree, smaller engine will almost be a certain thing

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can analyze this to death and justify anything.....at the end of the day you need to be happy with where your hard earned cash is spent...

If brand X puts a smile on your face and your pocket book great...drive it and love it....but no matter how cheap it is, if you don't like it don't bother as you will be looking to replace it sooner then later and it's just money down the drain.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Raptor and when I first started looking at the different models out I promised myself I would not go back to GM because of the whole govt bailout a few years back. It didn't take long to decide on the Raptor and I am glad I did.

OP
OP
C

cold1313

Reaction score
Does the Raptor come with any sort of documentation to state it is an SVT vehicle or vehicle # X out of Z? Just curious.