Newbie - Considering leaving GM for a Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Support a company that deliberately screwed the American taxpayer buying asking for and then receiving a bailout. If companies mismanage themselves then let them fail and let some other company take the reigns.

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Support a company that deliberately screwed the American taxpayer buying asking for and then receiving a bailout. If companies mismanage themselves then let them fail and let some other company take the reigns.
I'd say that I agree with you, except that Ford has indeed been bailed out as well...and still owes billions in taxpayer money. And what of GM's safety track record of late? That'd be a good reason to dump them, but then you'd have to forget the Ford Explorer rollover accidents of the 90's.

What it all comes down to, I just think GM's product is very ho-hum... i.e. it's nothing special. I had an '05 Silvy, which was great. But I also have an '11 Tahoe (wife's car), and it's okay...just okay. Nothing to run out and buy right now. I looked at Chevy and GMC trucks for years since getting my '05 and none of them made me want to trade in my Silvy--not even for the Sierra Denali. The Raptor was the only truck that was hands down better than my old truck in every way; and in most ways, way better--so I bought it!

Last edited: