Newb Forscan question/help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCBen

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all first post. Im in Newb mode going through all the initial changes to a truck, it already had some stuff done to it. no software changes i don't think.

I have searched at length but can't seem to correct the DRL for only parking. I can't get the low beams to shut off.

I have tried several times to write - 726-26-02 = x1xx xxxx xxxx : 726-50-01 = 017F one or both i get the error incompatible thing.

DO I NEED TO DO 726-45-01 xxxx 7fxx xxxx in order to do parking lights only as well? which one time i think i tried and also got an error?

Been in and out of the truck and online like a crazy person trying to find answer and program correctly. i have refreshed the module back to stock and tried a few times.

I see that "livinitup" is a wizard on these and haven't reached out.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Truck is a late build 18' sold as an titled as an 18'

Any help would be great. thanks

Jon_Solo

Reaction score
I used Forscan for the first time yesterday on my 2020 to change the lights and used the 2 codes listed and it worked perfectly. Took about 20x longer to save the as built file for every module.

There’s a message that pops up when you write both changes (something about a check figure or something) that the videos say is normal. Is that what you’re seeing?

OP
OP
NCBen

NCBen

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya there is a warning screen always pops up. The message I’m getting is a incompatible configuration or something. Don’t recall.

you only did the 2 lines? Works ?

thx

Jon_Solo

Reaction score
Ya there is a warning screen always pops up. The message I’m getting is a incompatible configuration or something. Don’t recall.

you only did the 2 lines? Works ?

thx
Yes sir.

I only changed those two lines and immediately women flocked to me and men feared me so I ask you...did it work?

The only issue I ran into with Forscan was after I made those changes I started getting an error saying ELM not found which apparently has to do with my wifi connection.

Haven’t messed with it again today.

OP
OP
NCBen

NCBen

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think i found the smoking gun. I was also trying to run position config lights which I thought are the clearance lights? “Like super duty” maybe I was thinking wrong but anyway if you run that 726-29 one it turns on the low beams as well as whatever drl your trying to run. But all is well now after I reloaded stock and process of elim.

and yes women run and men fear now!

Attackpilot

Reaction score
Search forscan Raptor on YouTube. There are a few guys that have videos that will walk you through everything you need todo

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i found the smoking gun. I was also trying to run position config lights which I thought are the clearance lights? “Like super duty” maybe I was thinking wrong but anyway if you run that 726-29 one it turns on the low beams as well as whatever drl your trying to run. But all is well now after I reloaded stock and process of elim.

and yes women run and men fear now!

That is one of the lighting mods that doesn't apply to Raptors, kind of like "bambi mode." I have read many threads from people getting unpredictable behavior because they did a Forscan lighting mod on their Raptor that is not applicable to Raptor hardware. Stay clear of those mods and you'll be fine from here on out.