New Waterbed in back???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B00ST

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay.. not really. But have a Bed Rug and now the golf clubs and anything else in the back is getting "damp" - Okay.. wet. Seeing some water dampness in the bed in the rug.. trying to figure it out. Have a XCeed (Extang) bed cover.. it looks like there is water still on the gasket.. but not running down. Seems to be water underneath the Bed Rug on the tailgate as well.

Thinking about putting my boy in back with a flashlight and getting out the powerwasher! Not sure if it coming from rain or from the road. Read posts about the gap between the tailgate and the bed.. Still - used to stay pretty dry... now not so much.

Thoughts/experiences?

(And how do I change my handle - signed up with full name - want a change!!)

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay.. not really. But have a Bed Rug and now the golf clubs and anything else in the back is getting "damp" - Okay.. wet. Seeing some water dampness in the bed in the rug.. trying to figure it out. Have a XCeed (Extang) bed cover.. it looks like there is water still on the gasket.. but not running down. Seems to be water underneath the Bed Rug on the tailgate as well.

Thinking about putting my boy in back with a flashlight and getting out the powerwasher! Not sure if it coming from rain or from the road. Read posts about the gap between the tailgate and the bed.. Still - used to stay pretty dry... now not so much.

Thoughts/experiences?

(And how do I change my handle - signed up with full name - want a change!!)

you got a Low-profile tonneau cover that uses it’s own rail system & doesn’t go over the bed sides right? That’s your problem. I don’t understand why people keep getting these things (bakflip style) I had a gator brand one & the rain hoses would get clogged & smell in summer, the weather stripping in between the middle panels begin de-laminating by year 3. They’re not water right even when installed perfect & brand new

need a tri fold or roll-up that goes on top of the bed sides/tailgate etc not “flush” w/ it

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the bedrug wet? While driving it the wind will force the water to travel towards the rear. I would pull out the bedrug and dry out the entire bed and use a garden hose not a power washer and have someone in the bed of the truck. Maybe turn the hose pressure down and use light spray directed at a angle from the front to the back BUT START at the back and work your way forward. Also try between the cab and bed.
I have sealed flush mount bed covers and they have never leaked, it wakes time and patience and a long straight piece of metal. I use a 8 foot aluminum masonry level to see where the high spots are on the bed and on the rail mounting system and shave the foam insulation with sandpaper and even had to use two different sizes of foam. If you have a camping supply store near you that would be the place to go to see what they have, you don't want foam with a high Shore Durameter (Too hard to compress) Hell I imagine that even Amazon or Tractor Supply will even have it.

If it leaking between the cover and the rail that's another story and you can talk to Extang about that. And lastly don`t` forget to reward your helper with a quick blast from the hose after the leak if located.

Here in NJ wew are getting the tail end of Hurricane Zeta and currently have 2 vehicles in the garage that I have to chase water leaks down on them, one is a 2020 GMC 1500 that the back window is like a waterfall and the dealer can't get it in until next week so I'm just trying to slow it down, and the other is a Lexus mint, garage kept, never an accident that just went out of warranty 3 months ago, the leak is midway up the center console about 2 feet back from the firewall??? First time ever...