New Video - GEN 3 Clearly has a V-8 Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the R model comes out with the specs I hope it comes out with and they release it as say a 2022 model and under 100k I'm in. I'd probably keep my 2019 as well I'm thinking. Man this truck could be a beast!

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Alpha powered GTR is a 3.8 Twin Turbo with a straight catless 4” exhaust and it does not sound like that.

This particular clip sounds like a V8. I am not sure why so many people are in disbelief that Ford is putting a supercharged V8 in the Gen 3 Raptor. I mean why not.

I'm not denying that there won't be a V8 option coming. I'm just trying to say the Gen 3 with the V6 will come with an active valve exhaust. Why does the truck have an intercooler cutout into the front like all the other Gen 3 spy shots? Because it has a V6. A V8 will be available next year.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not denying that there won't be a V8 option coming. I'm just trying to say the Gen 3 with the V6 will come with an active valve exhaust. Why does the truck have an intercooler cutout into the front like all the other Gen 3 spy shots? Because it has a V6. A V8 will be available next year.

I agree that the 2 options will be available, and I think that is a great idea. Give everyone the option. Marketing!

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that the 2 options will be available, and I think that is a great idea. Give everyone the option. Marketing!

How many motor options does your GT-R have?

How many motor options does your 720s have?

How many motor options did your 2013 C63 have?

Tell me your other specialty performance vehicles so I can ask you the same question.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many motor options does your GT-R have?

How many motor options does your 720s have?

How many motor options did your 2013 C63 have?

Tell me your other specialty performance vehicles so I can ask you the same question.

Have to agree, halo vehicles come with one engine choice.

I also think as mentioned before Ram pushed Ford to the V8 for the Raptor and that is the first video I've see where I actually heard that rumble.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only one reason why. Ram has forced there hand. We shall soon see for sure. A crazy hybrid would have been interesting as well. Imagine being left behind in your blown V8 by a little bitty 6 cyl-battery powered truck LOL.

Here's hoping that they don't gut the hybrid version so that it doesn't compete with the V8.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
No I’m just smart enough to know that more HP isn’t the answer to everything . If that were the case everybody in this thread would own a demon. Power is fun but gets old , balance is much more enjoyable

Well then, how about more usable horsepower = more fun?