New Video - GEN 3 Clearly has a V-8 Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Zurg2330

Zurg2330

Reaction score
February 3rd announcement - Car and Driver and Motor1 announced it so that's two sources. I'd say it's legit

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well this is exciting!!!
I'm sure Whipple will be making a kit for it with their Gen 5 3 Liter compressor and get another 100+ HP out of her.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
My hope is that they give it more HP than the TRX. That would then lead Ram to take the Redeye Hellcat Motor from Dodge and stuff it in the 2022 TRX. Horsepower wars means we all win!

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a V6 with an active valve exhaust. No V8 prototypes out there...yet.
My Alpha powered GTR is a 3.8 Twin Turbo with a straight catless 4” exhaust and it does not sound like that.

This particular clip sounds like a V8. I am not sure why so many people are in disbelief that Ford is putting a supercharged V8 in the Gen 3 Raptor. I mean why not.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure that is a V6. My Alpha powered GTR is a 3.8 Twin Turbo with a straight catless 4” exhaust and it does not sound like that.

This particular clip sounds like a V8. I am not sure why so many people are in disbelief that Ford is putting a supercharged V8 in the Gen 3 Raptor. I mean why not.

Only one reason why. Ram has forced there hand. We shall soon see for sure. A crazy hybrid would have been interesting as well. Imagine being left behind in your blown V8 by a little bitty 6 cyl-battery powered truck LOL.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only one reason why. Ram has forced there hand. We shall soon see for sure. A crazy hybrid would have been interesting as well. Imagine being left behind in your blown V8 by a little bitty 6 cyl-battery powered truck LOL.
I think you are correct, Ram has forced their hand.

When Ram released the TRX with literally
A TREX dinasour eating a Raptor embroidered on the seats... it was game on! No choice.

In regards to this new video in this thread, that is no V6. No way. That is an 8.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you are correct, Ram has forced their hand.

When Ram released the TRX with literally
A TREX dinasour eating a Raptor embroidered on the seats... it was game on! No choice.

In regards to this new video in this thread, that is no V6. No way. That is an 8.

I do hear a low rumble. That is V8ish sounding. Still not totally conclusive. I would almost be shocked if Ford announced both versions, if there is to be two versions. Normally the lower level comes out and later on a special or performance edition is released. I would be interested in seeing how they market this. The R would be a knock on the base level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc