New Triple Fog Light Mounts/Kits For the 2021+ Raptor....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are the new links on our store-

Rigid Radiance and Scene-

Rigid D-Series Pro-

Baja Squadron-

Diode Dynamics-

Brackets only-

I will ad a few more combos, like front and rear kits in the near future, but you can still select rear kits manually.

These will ship out in 3-4 weeks, so secure yours now so there isn't a stock delay. In doing so, you can still use the "preorder" discount code like the other kits, which will expire once they arrive.

John

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts Hi John, looking at your site with the Rigid 2 and 3 fog light replacement options

for simplicity, Outside/middle/inside light postions are O, M, I

If I decide on all Non-SAE lights:
1. what happens when I use the fog light switch in the cab?. Does it turn on the "default" light assigned to that wire and if so, where is that light positoned O, M or I?
2. which lights are assigned to AUX 1 with a 2 light set? O or I or both
3. which lights are assigned to AUX 1 with a 3 light kit?

Thx

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts Hi John, looking at your site with the Rigid 2 and 3 fog light replacement options

for simplicity, Outside/middle/inside light postions are O, M, I

If I decide on all Non-SAE lights:
1. what happens when I use the fog light switch in the cab?. Does it turn on the "default" light assigned to that wire and if so, where is that light positoned O, M or I?
2. which lights are assigned to AUX 1 with a 2 light set? O or I or both
3. which lights are assigned to AUX 1 with a 3 light kit?

Thx

Ok, so think of it like this. which light you put in any position, is irrelevant to what switch or connection you hook it up to.
Imagine if you have a TV with 3 HDMI ports. Then you have a DVD Player, a Cable Box and a PlayStation.
They all have the same connections type (HDMI) and you can plug any of them in any order to any of the 3 HDMI ports you choose.
So that will be your personal choice.

Amps are obviously a question if you combined all of them onto one switch or something, depending on what models you chose... But most of the Pod lights are between 1 and 2 amps each. You can put one pair on any of those switches. Even the fog switch. You can also get away with the 5 amp switch wires of 5 and 6, but it cuts it close. Odds are, any single pair of pod lights that fits in there, won't be too much. Aux 1 is 10 amps and I believe the fog switch is too. Even if its 7.5 or even 5, in most cases, you'll be fine. The absolute worse case, you blow a fuse and know the light is too much draw for that switch. I seriously doubt you'll have that issue. On standard F-150's, people connect the same lights to the factory fog switch without issue all the time.
So that part isn't really the dilemma. Here is the issue.

The fog switch will ALWAYS turn off your fogs or anything you connect to it when you turn on your brights. That's required of manufacturers in new vehicles. If you are ok with that, then you can use that connection.
The other issue is that you have one connector for the fog switch and one connector for the Aux 1 on each side in that pocket area. So you can either cut off the factory connectors there and connect the wire to one light on each side. That takes care of 2 of your 3 pairs of lights... then you need to run one harness set of wires down to each side from a 3rd switch. Unless you decided to connect 2 pairs of lights on one switch. Say aux 1 which the connectors are down there for.

So, I think you can see the issue with ford putting the connectors down there only.
You have 5 switch wires up in the engine bay, and 2 down in the bumper. That sucks, as its a lot easier to start from one location.

So these are the things that keep me up at night. Things like that are the reason I developed our Plug N Play Harness system that will work with virtually any light in any vehicle and in any situation. Then we get these curve balls occasionally.

When I first started on the truck, I went through all the wiring up by the switches, hoping to find that Aux 1 wire before it ended up in the bumper. Unfortunately, no luck. They routed it elsewhere.
So then I went to think up the easiest way for most people to regain access to that without having to cut off wire and tear the truck apart.

After all that, I designed a small, simple connector harness to regain your Aux 1 wire, as well as the Fog wire and put them both right there with the other 5 switch wires. Then you have access to all of them right there in one spot! From there, you can connect them to any harness, in any configuration or even different lights.
For example. If you have all 7 wires there, you can connect our triple harness to switches 1, 2 and 3 right there by the battery. It will then run to each fog pocket with 3 labeled connectors, 1, 2 and 3, 1, 2 and 3 on each side.
Plug them into your lights and you're good to go.

Then you have the Fog switch wire up there too. Maybe you don't want to run that to a fog in this situation so they don't shut off when your brights are on. Well, connect it to something like A-Pillar lights... you have it there to use for something else less critical if you want.

I think I posted this video earlier on here, but if not, here is the quick run down video I did yesterday. It shows that relocation harness I mentioned here. That gives you a simple, plug n play solution to put you back in control of what you want to hook up to which switch.

John

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I previously watched that video but I was not completely understanding the final solution and myriad of possibilities. I would want to have it work as you described. Each pair of the three to their own AUX. just need to decide on which rigid lights

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW I believe the stock OEM fog is rated by Rigid at 1174 lumens and broadcasts at 45 degrees horizontal so all the options you offer are a significant increase in lumens.

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts - Sorry if I missed it, but would the Rigid 4' round 360 series w/amber backlighting fit as well?
Not on that particular bracket because of how the framework of the bumper is, so we’re designing one that will specifically be for 2 360’s or 2 LP4’s. So stay tuned.
The triple mount will handle any 3x3 or 2x3 style square or rectangular pod lights.

John

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on that particular bracket because of how the framework of the bumper is, so we’re designing one that will specifically be for 2 360’s or 2 LP4’s. So stay tuned.
The triple mount will handle any 3x3 or 2x3 style square or rectangular pod lights.

John
Awesome to hear you will have something for the 2 360's! Cant wait to see that. Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in!

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Specialtyperformanceparts I love the radiance/scene setup, but are you going to have an option if we just want to get 2 pairs instead of 3? Or does the bracket include a mounting option to set it up that way if you prefer? I like the style/look of the OEM upgrade kit you have but the radiance/scene isn't a direct replacement it looks like because of the size.
Edit: Also want to add that I would like the ability to add/remove the D series covers. Live in PA so I would like to keep the black covers on in case I catch slack from the law, also would like to put ambers on when we get snow. The 3 pair kit doesn't look like there would be room since the lights are pushed up against the sides

Last edited:
OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
C7FBD532-9D07-4436-8FAF-2528F9C8628E.jpeg@Specialtyperformanceparts I love the radiance/scene setup, but are you going to have an option if we just want to get 2 pairs instead of 3? Or does the bracket include a mounting option to set it up that way if you prefer? I like the style/look of the OEM upgrade kit you have but the radiance/scene isn't a direct replacement it looks like because of the size.
Edit: Also want to add that I would like the ability to add/remove the D series covers. Live in PA so I would like to keep the black covers on in case I catch slack from the law, also would like to put ambers on when we get snow. The 3 pair kit doesn't look like there would be room since the lights are pushed up against the sides

Yes. So we set up the brackets (don’t know if you saw the photos) to be able to hold 1, 2 or 3 pairs of virtually any size standard pod light. So Rigid Radiance, D-series, Baja Squadron, S2, S1, Diode Dynamics SS3, SSC2, SSC1 etc. we have 3 vertical slots that are perfectly spaced for 3 pairs straight. And additional horizontal slots for 2 pairs spaced out evenly, and other combinations.
We also have a template with marks for positioning of each model in what we felt was the best position, but you can move them anywhere you want.
So long and short, you can do anything you’d like with many pairs or combinations.

So if you want 2 Radiance and 1 S1, you can do that too.

Also, if you want to just do 2 lights in the factory bezels and want that radiance look, you can use our other kit with the Diode Dynamics SSC2’s.
See photos below.

You can find that kit here-

C7FBD532-9D07-4436-8FAF-2528F9C8628E.jpeg660A5E51-BDE0-492A-9712-3FB843888926.jpegBF29B6F3-B83C-43E8-82A3-1645664091E7.jpeg