New to me raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haywire17

Reaction score
Just picked up a very clean raptor at a salvage auction. Looks like someone snagged all the suspension components off of it. This will be my grocery getter and occasional offroad truck. Just want to get back to stock.
I was looking at tasca parts and it only shows LH outer tie rod, are they symmetrical parts left and right?
Also will the 2nd gen cv axles work on a gen 1, they are slightly cheaper and readily available. I see the company rcv sells axles that says 2010-2020 but just wanted some clarification that oem will work for all years.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah no pics..

He lives on the edge - right before he gets banned he'll post some.

MY type of enthusiast lol...

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a very clean raptor at a salvage auction. Looks like someone snagged all the suspension components off of it. This will be my grocery getter and occasional offroad truck. Just want to get back to stock.
I was looking at tasca parts and it only shows LH outer tie rod, are they symmetrical parts left and right?
Also will the 2nd gen cv axles work on a gen 1, they are slightly cheaper and readily available. I see the company rcv sells axles that says 2010-2020 but just wanted some clarification that oem will work for all years.
Can confirm tie rods inner & outer are the same left to right. Rockauto is probably cheaper, I prefer OEM (which they have) but did try AC Delco on the outers and Moog on the inners, the outers were greasable but the boots are cheapy so next time I'll go Motorcraft. Aftermarket is nice but expensive, DIY like @98rangerdave built is badass but I'd need a welder haha!

Not sure on the axles but interested to hear if they are, seems plausible, I doubt Ford changed anything they didn't have to.