New to Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptormts

Reaction score
Took my 18 in to replace a camera control module ($900). While there they replaced the Cam Phasers, addressed 2 recalls: New harness to prevent "Unintended Tailgate Openings" and something to the locks to prevent poor operation in freezing temps. No cost.

Added light kits from Specialty Performance Parts. Easy to install. Wire Harnesses are Plug n" Play. Easy Install. Husky Liners in the rear fender wells and interior floor protection (less expensive than Weathertech) Weathertech mud flaps. Set of 6. 3 per side. The middle mounts below step rail to keep the rocks from hitting the front of the rear wheel wells.

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have said people get owners manuals when they buy their truck used……
I was stunned that I got the manual and all the extra additional info books for the Raptor. Being the third owner, I was a bit surprised to find those in the glove compartment. Even have both keys.

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :D Read up and enjoy the truck!! Lots of good info in the manual and here on the forum.

Even though I have a Ruby Red Metallic Raptor, I won't lie, I love that blue - it's sharp!!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
This is some of the best advice and most overlooked items. Good one smurfslyer
IF you have a 2x panel moonroof, caution is warranted and upkeep required.
1) get the Ford Krytox grease to lube the seals to glass contact. expensive, but it works and lasts. Ensure the glass to rubber does not stick.
2) ALWAYS open the glass to vent position FIRST, then close. If you heard a POP sound like the seals sticking to the glass, REPEAT and be sure the seal is no longer sticking. Only proceed to moving the glass rearward if it’s not sticking.
3) if you hear the popping sound while the glass is being moved rearward, chances are the moon roof tracks just got damaged. close the glass and check it out either using Youtube or have a service dept. check it out.

pjbeats

Reaction score
Do these same items apply to 2019’s? I have a 2014 Gen1 but just in the process of buying a 2019 and admittedly do not know much about the Gen2. Just starting my research.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Do these same items apply to 2019’s? I have a 2014 Gen1 but just in the process of buying a 2019 and admittedly do not know much about the Gen2. Just starting my research.
‘19+ get the live valve shocks. Some who have owned both earlier and ‘19+ Jen Too trucks have opined that the ride in the live valve trucks can be more harsh. Also, there were some reports of owners busting wheel speed sensors(?) which faults the shocks, sets 1 or more DTC’s and defaults the shocks to full stiff. I haven’t seen anyone post about this in some time though.

One other thing to be cognizant of with all Jen Too trucks:
These things are EASY AF to break into through the “intelligent access” door handle with the key slot. Literally, pull the handle out, twist the lock cylinder to unlock and open, that’s it. From here, it’s apparently pretty quick to pull the Sync fuse and disable location services.

Cam phasers were updated early ’19, so probably have the latest part revisions.

It’s a bit of money to secure the truck, for sure.

pjbeats

Reaction score
Thanks smurfslayer. What is the best way to secure the truck then? Other than the obvious garage and steering wheel lock?