New to Ford and first time Truck owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Welcome and good choice! You'll find the FRF family to be very supportive with ideas, advice and good old fashion funning!

OP
OP
C

Corrosive

Reaction score
Congrats on your choice and welcome!

I have a similar story with a history of fancy sports cars, and this is my first pickup. I've had it two weeks and I'm in love. The only thing that really bothers me is the $99 credit card limit on gas pumps. I need 36 gallons people! :)

Can you pay more than 100 inside the store? Like if you know that about $120 fills it, can you go in there and do it that way?

I really truly can't wait. Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

DBHRaptor

Reaction score
Welcome! I use to be just like you, and hummed and hawed about what to get next. Everything from Audi S5, to BMW M3, GTR, and so on. But I will tell you that I am very happy with my RAPTOR purchase and have no buyers regret what so ever! I get compliments everywhere I go and thumbs up everywhere I drive.

A quick list of some of the note worthy cars I have built in the past:

2009 Lancer Ralliart (Heavily Modified 320 hp 314 tq)
2004 Saab 9-3 (low and mean)
89 Toyota Pickup (31"s and no rust)
2004 Audi A4

D

Deleted member 12951

Can you pay more than 100 inside the store? Like if you know that about $120 fills it, can you go in there and do it that way?

I've had a 34 gallon tank since 2008 (Dodge) and since then 36 gallon on my 2011 Ford and now the raptor. I am so used to it that it is just a habit to always go inside and hand them your credit card and have them turn the pump on so you can go over $99 in one transaction. In all my travels, I only ran across two stations that wouldn't do it.

I used to run my tank near empty before fills but starting thinking differently incase a disaster would hit, it would be nice to have some gas in the truck as I have been in long wait lines when power goes out. So now I always fill when I get to half a tank so the limit doesn't affect me as much, just have to stop at the gas station more often.

Good luck on your quest for getting yourself a Raptor.

Sent using Tapatalk

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yes you can, but that means having to go inside instead of paying at the pump. I'm spoiled and like to get in and out as quickly as possible. I either need a change of attitude or a different refueling strategy.

I wrote Racetrac customer service an email asking then to lift that limit to $150. I'm sure I'll get a response right after I get a response from my congressman asking him to lower my taxes...

:chewie: