New SVC 4Link W/Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that info is in the Ddl install thread.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

More than I'm comfortable with, it's compressing the axle control shocks completely at full throttle. I'm changing oil and valving in them to see if it helps, but like the idea of a third link more.
That's why I'm watching this thread with such interest, I need to mount a link up top, I'm curious to see jarretts solution to maintaining bed clearance.
so your going to stiffen up the compression dampening then.

As you could imagine a few of these build progressed quite a bit further then initially anticipated. The LT kit is essentially "done" and has been mounted but no testing can be done until the back halfs are done. Most likely reveal timeframe will be around May

-Jeff

so to truly test the the 4wd lt you need a rear setup that can keep up or out perform it in the rough stuff, got it

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so your going to stiffen up the compression dampening then.

On the axle control bumps, yes.
There's a point where it is going to start to act like a linked truck with too much sway bar though, and that's why I'd like to get pinion angle controlled independently of the axle bumps.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Couple more pics of the progress. It still has 3 more inches of bump to go, we just need to trim a couple more spots under the bed and see how close the upper link mounts we get. It's gonna be close thats for sure but it's turning out pretty cool so far.

1500x994%20RT%20rear%208_zpsqfuk2ked.jpg
1500x994%20RT%20rear%209_zpscmc70nwh.jpg
1500x994%20RT%20Rear%205_zpsv5oomf0q.jpg
1500x994%20RT%20Rear%202_zpsdfy84fvj.jpg
1500x994%20RT%20Rear%203_zpsvz2o3qmz.jpg

Jarrett

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck made out of unobtainium lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, 22" of linked travel is a ton more effective than the same amount of spring travel, if it were even possible.
Are you bumped out on the frame with the axle tubes, or do you run out of room on the upper link mounts under the bed first ?