New SVC 4Link W/Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a leaf a sprung truck that the guy just bought off a friend of mine 2 days ago, the builder specializes in VERY high end builds so he know what he's doing!!

He doesn't recall hitting anything hard enough to shear them, but it's Barstow so any can fail at anytime

id be interested to see the failure if you can get some photos

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Preach on !
It took me 6 ratchet straps, 4 c clamps and a bf hammer to get the cage back in after welding those camburg tubing joints up.

Yep,

Now imagine trying to get six of them to line up:crazy:

Jarrett

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thats why you weld everything up while its bolted together :troll3:

Your right, that is the only way to install tube clamps. Unfortunately no matter how tight you have it bolted together the heat from welding always pulls them in different directions no matter how much you jump around to control twist. A single bar with two tube clamps on each end is easy. Once you start talking 4 or more, they always turnout to be a bitch.

Jarrett

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right, that is the only way to install tube clamps. Unfortunately no matter how tight you have it bolted together the heat from welding always pulls them in different directions no matter how much you jump around to control twist. A single bar with two tube clamps on each end is easy. Once you start talking 4 or more, they always turnout to be a bitch.

Jarrett

For sure, just two of them, welded in position, was a bitch since the vertical was basically fixed due to the bolt mounts on the cage and chassis. Impressive tolerances on those tubing joints, there was a lot of swearing involved in reinstalling the cage after powdercoat.
I will not be removing the cage unless something breaks or I'm cutting it off along with the rest of the rear frame. Should have just welded it, as you have done.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
The key to any tube clamps is a grinder and file!

I have 4 of them on my engine cage, and it doesn't matter how perfect I have them after every hard trip they have to be clearance again! My engine cage is very well designed, but when ever you have any stock frame ***** going to move and twist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free