New Stainless Works Downpipe & Exhaust option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

This thread is surprisingly long so I apologize if the information I'm looking for has already been discussed. lol. But here it goes...

I recently ordered the SPD turbo adapters and the SW "dump" style exhaust. I just had a couple of questions.

Did your DP and high flow cats play well with your SPD Turbo Adapter? I assume you ordered the 'factory connect' right? Do you have pre-install pictures of where it connects to the turbo?

r8ders

Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of stock catted down pipes if someone here who put a Stainless Works system in wants to get rid of theirs. I want them for a project I'm trying to do.

Thank you

DallasDave

Reaction score
Codes

Seems several people have install and been running the Stainless Works high flow cats down pipes system.

Didn't see the were code issues until the day after I received them. Not wanting to install Tuner.

Is there a clear answer? Does the down pipe throw codes without a tuner. Happy with the overall power, I'm just wanting the sound.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Seems several people have install and been running the Stainless Works high flow cats down pipes system.

Didn't see the were code issues until the day after I received them. Not wanting to install Tuner.

Is there a clear answer? Does the down pipe throw codes without a tuner. Happy with the overall power, I'm just wanting the sound.

Our Stainless Works rep who you see in the videos has told me personally that it will throw a code, high flow catted and non-catted doesn't matter. I have no confirmation but I am assuming that the Kooks "might" do the same.

We sell SW, Kooks and 5 Star.

King of cars

Reaction score
Codes you will get

Ok so here's the codes I've had 5 star help me clear which are useless codes anyways and with there tunes it's long gone. Code P0420 and P0430.
The down pipe , spd turbo adapters on stock Exhuast = perfection sound wise and performance wise with a good tune

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do guys plan on passing inspection?
Clearly the Tune is turning the rear O2s off, this common practice.
Problem is you cannot pass an OBDII inspection it's going to pop up as O2 incomplete and flag you.

Have any of you plug in a OBDII Reader/Scanner, what is the readiness status?

Seams like the O2 spacers are going to be needed to leave the O2s on (if it even works for 3.5L), just like all the Gen1s with headers.

Last edited:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the downpipe and can confirm it will throw code. I simply turned off the Code for the rear O2's through HPTuners.

Now the bad part is the new trucks require 4 credits which are $50 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk