New seats for the Raptor????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They sure look good... Would be nice to say Raptor or SVT in the center
It would be cool
Do they have the side airbags?
Yes, both the FRPP seat and Boss seat has it.
No chance I'll be spending discretionary funds to replace perfectly good (quite good) seats. But I encourage anyone else to do it and post the pics! :thumbsup: I would if I owned a Corvette since they don't come with good seats. :mrgreen:
Raptor seats are good but not good enough. It doesn't hold you in the seat as much as I would like and the micro suede of racing seat is awesome. It doesn't get freezing ass cold in the winter and burning hot in the summer. I loved the seats in my L. Vette's seats just need a little more padding on the seat back.
im not a fan of the leather either, do they bolt directly in or would there be mods needed to fit them in a raptor? anything on pricing?
It depends on how Ford sells them. If its sold with the seat rails and other Mustang stuff on there then yes it would have to be mod'd but if its just sold as a seat then it would be as simple as transferring stuff over.
+1 on the dislike of the leather. Interesting option... would be even more interesting if there was an airbag and heated seat solution somehow.
I'm about 99% sure that the Boss is sold with both being that it is near the top of the Mustang line up.
agreed......that leather is COLD in the mornings!!!
it really sucks in NC.
Your in CA LOL... and you do have a heater LOL

I am not a fan of leather either, but more due to the summer sweaty months, so I have a small black towel I carry for the summer months when I wear shorts and toss it on the seat, works great. I love the Raptor seats!
That seems like something that would just get annoying after a while

This is where the orange accented interior sucks...no way to make it really match up with these sports seats. But damn the Raptor's front seats are comfortable.
You would have to custom order just about anything. The seats are comfortable but like I said before I would like a little more hold.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Ford dealer today with my friend to order 2012 Shelby GT500 and that thing also has Recaro seat option.
They charge about $400 for that option but Im not sure if that is for only driver side or both.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went to Ford dealer today with my friend to order 2012 Shelby GT500 and that thing also has Recaro seat option.
They charge about $400 for that option but Im not sure if that is for only driver side or both.
That is for both seats but those are leather. The Boss and FRPP seats are going to be micro suede like the Lightning, 00R(which had Recaro seats) and Terminator.

AuPanda

Reaction score
With K9 units leather is the only way to keep the truck clean. We won't buy a vehicle without leather or at least fake leather as the upkeep is possible...with mouse fur it is impossible.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Ya I was disappointed that the seats in the Raptor were leather...the seats in the Lightning were awesome...not as supportive but much nicer feel to them. This may be something to look into in the future when my seats are hammered.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I love my Raptor seats. They're one of the few seats on the market that don't hurt my back on extended drives. (I have a lot of back problems) So this is one vehicle I would not change out the seats. JMHO

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
im not a fan of the leather either, do they bolt directly in or would there be mods needed to fit them in a raptor? anything on pricing?

+1 on the dislike of the leather. Interesting option... would be even more interesting if there was an airbag and heated seat solution somehow.

The only the parts that are leather are the top of the bottom cushion and the front of the back cushion on the front seats. Everything else is vinyl (including headrests).

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I never seen this post. Knowing they will have Ford Racing already stitched on them, I will have to compare the costs vs what I can sell my NIB Corbeau A4 all black Leather seats for and maybe I will put these in my Lightning. I was already planning on having my Corbeaus stitched with Ford or the Lightning logo :)

I don't see any weight estimates for these? And are these Micro Suede or actually Alcantara like the Lightnings were? FFS

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I am just different but because I drive on the road quite a bit driving to the ranch in NM and they are much easier to clean mud and stuff off of. The leather option is a make it or break it choice for me when buying a vehicle. One of the reasons I did not even bother to look at a Power Wagon when I bought the Raptor last month.