New SCAB Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks and Sarasota/Bradenton area.

Yessir, I don't have a need for the full crew and the SCAB has always caught my eye.

There's quite a few Gen 2 guys out in that area. They do a lot of Citrus Water Management runs and Ocala runs as well. I typically don't make it out to Citrus due to timing/drive but Ocala is probably the best spot in FL to drive offroad in a Raptor.

OP
OP
JPat

JPat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's quite a few Gen 2 guys out in that area. They do a lot of Citrus Water Management runs and Ocala runs as well. I typically don't make it out to Citrus due to timing/drive but Ocala is probably the best spot in FL to drive offroad in a Raptor.

Thanks for the info and looks like Hard Rock Offroad Park is the place you are speaking of. Appreciate the info.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and looks like Hard Rock Offroad Park is the place you are speaking of. Appreciate the info.

Sorry, should of typed it out, meant Ocala National Forest. I know some guys have gone to Hardrock, but they say it's not really for our trucks.

At the national Forest, there's thousands of acres of wilderness and trails. Has a bit of everything from sugar sand, mud, wide open areas and jumps. Cool place to explore the entire day. Just no cell service in large portions of it.

OP
OP
JPat

JPat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, should of typed it out, meant Ocala National Forest. I know some guys have gone to Hardrock, but they say it's not really for our trucks.

At the national Forest, there's thousands of acres of wilderness and trails. Has a bit of everything from sugar sand, mud, wide open areas and jumps. Cool place to explore the entire day. Just no cell service in large portions of it.

Thank you sir. So it seems that a radio is necessary if venturing out without a buddy truck or crew.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you sir. So it seems that a radio is necessary if venturing out without a buddy truck or crew.

Yea, that would be a good thing to have out there.

Few trips ago we had a guy break his tie-rod out there and we couldn't find a minor fix it to at least drive it out to a main road. He had to get pulled out maybe a mile to a hard packed road for the towtruck to get to him.

It's starting to be hunting season out there but I still head out there during the "winter" months. If you venture out there by yourself, turn on the breadcrumb feature on your navigation.

OP
OP
JPat

JPat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, that would be a good thing to have out there.

Few trips ago we had a guy break his tie-rod out there and we couldn't find a minor fix it to at least drive it out to a main road. He had to get pulled out maybe a mile to a hard packed road for the towtruck to get to him.

It's starting to be hunting season out there but I still head out there during the "winter" months. If you venture out there by yourself, turn on the breadcrumb feature on your navigation.

Definitely won't be going solo, and would like to be with a group that is more low key being a first timer and green behind the ears when it comes to offroad.