New Raptor spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about buying a first year gen3 either, if that is what you are waiting for. By the time the first gen 3 comes out, the issues if any with the new f150 would be solved anyway. So saying that, I wouldn't "overpay" for a 2020 model.

I disagree somewhat. Every model year has issues. I just bought a '20 with a major transmission issue that appeared due to poor QC from a supplier. Not to mention, the truck has tons of small electrical issues, and major camera issues. Being the last model year, it should be the most sorted. It isn't, but that happens on a manufacturing scale of this size.

Buy what you want when you want it and enjoy it. Fix any small issues that pop up under warranty to prevent the bigger ones. Maintain anything and it will be good to you.

D

Deleted member 17706

I disagree somewhat. Every model year has issues. I just bought a '20 with a major transmission issue that appeared due to poor QC from a supplier. Not to mention, the truck has tons of small electrical issues, and major camera issues. Being the last model year, it should be the most sorted. It isn't, but that happens on a manufacturing scale of this size.

Buy what you want when you want it and enjoy it. Fix any small issues that pop up under warranty to prevent the bigger ones. Maintain anything and it will be good to you.

What transmission issue did you have? My 2020 has a really bad clunk when downshifting.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no doubt there - those are definitely hybrid cables. i would be very surprised if it is anything else

i thought from the get-go it’d be a raptorized version of the hybrid aviator power plant. As I keep telling all the fanboys - FORD doesn’t have confidence in their V8s, so WHY do you & why would you want one in place of something they actually throw $$$/thought/engineering at? The V8 is around @ Ford for pure nostalgia- that’s it....if not then the GT, Aviator, Raptor, Navigator would have one.

I’m ALL in on what I imagine would be a 500-600hp 700tq hybrid Raptor.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought from the get-go it’d be a raptorized version of the hybrid aviator power plant. As I keep telling all the fanboys - FORD doesn’t have confidence in their V8s, so WHY do you & why would you want one in place of something they actually throw $$$/thought/engineering at? The V8 is around @ Ford for pure nostalgia- that’s it....if not then the GT, Aviator, Raptor, Navigator would have one.

I’m ALL in on what I imagine would be a 500-600hp 700tq hybrid Raptor.
Hate when ppl make that comment about why Ford didn't put the V8 in the GT. It is so naive

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who else feels less than enthusiastic about modding their current Raptor because the upgrade may be occurring sooner than expected? ... :mad:

I agree with many that buying the beta models may be bad but if it comes out a year sooner, that’s still a year sooner that you might update (and hopefully it’s an upgrade), even if you wait a model year or two.

Not I. I don't do any real significant mods since I have a 100k mile warranty. Beyond that, my Raptor is only 2.5 years old and paid off. I've got plenty more miles to go before I feel like I got my money's worth. Gen 3/MY3 with most of the more significant mid-cycle upgrades might be enough to tempt me into a trade-in.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not I. I don't do any real significant mods since I have a 100k mile warranty. Beyond that, my Raptor is only 2.5 years old and paid off. I've got plenty more miles to go before I feel like I got my money's worth. Gen 3/MY3 with most of the more significant mid-cycle upgrades might be enough to tempt me into a trade-in.
The dealership owner offered to help me into a 2021 if they come out with one since I only bought a 2020 last week given his word that they would not. Sigh

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, I wasn't worried when I bought one of the first 6.2 raptors in early 2010. Its under warranty regardless :)

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership owner offered to help me into a 2021 if they come out with one since I only bought a 2020 last week given his word that they would not. Sigh

You mean "I'll be happy to sell you another truck since you fell for my sales pitch on the first one."

lol what dealership in the country wouldn't "help" me get into a new vehicle? Sorry sir you just bought that one you must wait at least two years between Raptor purchases said no dealer ever.

Three pages before the Dawn quote shows up? Random quotes from gossip blogs do not equal reality. But she has a linkedin page that says she really works for Ford!

Anyway not surprised to see the hybrid motor in the next Raptor (MY 2022). Too bad ADMs will be $5K+ again for the first two years.