New Raptor spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn it, Ford. Stop!
Ugh, I just got my Gen 2, and I want a Bronco!

Hopefully they don't do a plug-in hybrid. Even a V8 won't make me want to upgrade. But if they do a plug in hybrid with 30-40 miles of EV range and 800+hp combined...I'll probably be selling a kidney.

Relax. You don't want either of the first two years of production. Paying an extra $10-20K to be a beta tester on a new design is insane. And the Bronco is in a whole different category. It can't replace a full sized pickup, so having both is reasonable. Wait two years on the Bronco and three or four on the Raptor and you'll be in a sweet spot. That said, if Ford can get a stock three-ton pickup truck to do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds while off-roading as well as the current gen, there's going to be a line out the door. I might be in it. It's just a kidney. You've got two. :)

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Relax. You don't want either of the first two years of production. Paying an extra $10-20K to be a beta tester on a new design is insane. And the Bronco is in a whole different category. It can't replace a full sized pickup, so having both is reasonable. Wait two years on the Bronco and three or four on the Raptor and you'll be in a sweet spot. That said, if Ford can get a stock three-ton pickup truck to do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds while off-roading as well as the current gen, there's going to be a line out the door. I might be in it. It's just a kidney. You've got two. :)
Now you sound like my wife lol.
I would never give up my truck for a Bronco, but I probably will give up the Mustang for one.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What makes you say that? I mean, I'm just dreaming, but I don't see what would stop them.
Can you imagine the 3.5 out of the GT (650hp) plus 2-3 electric motors worth 150hp and a 20-30kWh battery? 800 combined hp and 30 miles or so of EV range.
I can only get so *****.

Because I think they want to keep production and maintenance costs relatively simple by limiting the varity of engine/motor setups in their vehicles. Unless they need to do more than is available in the F150 to keep up with TRX or something, no reason to change the way they currently do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc