New raptor spotted with standard wheels, 35s and stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I go back and forth whether I like the Gen 2 or 3 look better from photos anyhow. Have to see it in person. In some ways, I think the Gen 2 styling makes it look a bit more muscular / aggressive / 'beefy' ... while the Gen 3 looks much more similar to the '21 F150 than the Gen 2 raptors did to the standard F150.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's already growing on me big time. For some reason a big hangup for me is how small "ford" is written across the tailgate applique, looks soft.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen 2 front end looks much better. I can spot a Gen 2 Raptor immediately compared to a regular F150, but it's going to be tougher to do that with the Gen 3. Too close to the F150 front end.

I'm sure the interior is going to be really nice, but without a V8 I can't see much reason to give up my Gen 2.

dirtgod

Reaction score
Ford just saved me some money (kind of) as the upgrades though fantastic are diminished in my view by the totally bland design. Like others have said, my tired eyes will have trouble noticing a gen 3 “too similar to F150” front coming at me. No thanks. Gen 1&2 were game changer designs vs anything else on the market or in the Ford lineup at the time. Since the old fogey leafs are just fine for the off-roading I do, I will use the money I save by keeping my old Bessie gen 2 for another few years by buying my wife the Bronco she wants.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. My coworker wears gloves, mask and face shield while driving. It’s absolute lunacy.

I try to get there is my head and just can't. I see grown healthy looking men walking in the park - nobody else around, like nobody, mask on. Just don't get it. Don't care either, so that has been a blessing through all this crap.

If the Gen 2 never existed I'd think the Gen 3 looks great.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll say it all day long the gen 3 looks like doo doo. Let's start at the front, the gap between the fender and the bumper looks half-assed, the marker lights look goofy, the heat extractors look like garbage, same with the new hood extractor. The rounded up bumper and that flap in front of the front tire looks awful. To the back, the rear applique looks absolutely dumpster juice, why the hell would they shrink the ford logo??? Again the rear marker light look just as good as the fronts, which is not at all!

That blue interior is obviously polarizing so do with that what you will. I don't even think the v8 option can get me past my dislike for that rear applique...I wonder if you can swap in a gen2 tailgate??

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll say it all day long the gen 3 looks like doo doo. Let's start at the front, the gap between the fender and the bumper looks half-assed, the marker lights look goofy, the heat extractors look like garbage, same with the new hood extractor. The rounded up bumper and that flap in front of the front tire looks awful. To the back, the rear applique looks absolutely dumpster juice, why the hell would they shrink the ford logo??? Again the rear marker light look just as good as the fronts, which is not at all!

That blue interior is obviously polarizing so do with that what you will. I don't even think the v8 option can get me past my dislike for that rear applique...I wonder if you can swap in a gen2 tailgate??

The gen 2 applique looks like doo doo already. Had I ordered, I wouldn't have one. Plus it traps dust and dirt which then runs out from behind and drools down the tailgate if you wash it or when it rains. I really don't see all that much difference between gen 2 and gen 3 for looks. It looks more like a gen 2 refresh with new headlights than a new gen. That makes it a touch more bland looking, but I prefer a stealth look anyway where people don't notice that it's a Raptor, so that's OK. I mostly care about how it drives. The **** blue interior is disgusting, but I could live with it to get 37s. By the time I buy, I suspect that the two will likely be uncoupled.