New Raptor Owners...I Suggest a Paint Correction if You Can!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Picked up my new 19 Screw, Agate Black a few weeks back. I decided with this new Raptor (going from 14 Screw) that I would try the ceramic coating. Not only to protect the paint but the clean up since NV/Mojave desert mud, dirt and dust sticks to everything. I will put the coating to the test this weekend but my main reason to post this is because of the paint correction.

The truck had less than 150 miles when I dropped it off Detailers of Las Vegas (<--if you live anywhere near LV the owner, quality of work and price is outstanding for the quality you get). I was shocked when he sent the video after de-waxing the truck what Ford and possibly the dealers will hide/cover up (check the pics). Nothing was below the clear coat but I never would have known if I wouldn't have had this done. I would have just considered them regular desert pin striping after the wax wore off (I've never waxed a truck). Owner suggested that even with brand new vehicle like mine he always suggests at least a single stage polish. So whether you do it on your own (I got zero skill level in that expertise) or you have a qualified professional do it, I would recommend it. Ceramic coating review will happen in do time after testing!

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my black ‘19 ceramic coated, now I can’t wash it for a couple weeks but I’m sure it looks good under the dirt...

OP
OP
BushwiickBill

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Those have to be then worst photos/videos ever taken.

Agree! They were screenshots of the video the detailer sent me and edited so it would show him in the reflection. I didn't post the video since it was not my video and I didn't have his permission. Purpose of the post was to give everyone a heads up on the Shit Ford and dealers try to hide on brand new vehicles. If it doesn't help you then all good!

Raptorman19

Reaction score
Busjwickbill

My 2019 paint is the worst I have seen on a new vehicle. I am slowly working on a panel at a time. The bumpers all have light hazing on the too.

OP
OP
BushwiickBill

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Busjwickbill

My 2019 paint is the worst I have seen on a new vehicle. I am slowly working on a panel at a time. The bumpers all have light hazing on the too.

Yeah I'd have to agree with you Raptorman19. My 14 Tuxedo Black had way less orange peel then my 19 Agate Black. The Detailer said that manufactures are creating more orange peel in the paint to hide defects/inconsistencies. I'm not expecting a show paint job because it's a 4x4 truck it's gonna get a lot desert pin striping but Ford could do better.