New Raptor Owner in CA! Well, soon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Voodoo Rufus

Reaction score
My Bakersfield dealership is asking $5k over MSRP for theirs. Where else should I try to order one (most don't seem to have the exact option set I'd like)? Paso Robles, maybe?

OP
OP
Venerous

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Bakersfield dealership is asking $5k over MSRP for theirs. Where else should I try to order one (most don't seem to have the exact option set I'd like)? Paso Robles, maybe?
I haven't looked too far south but I know the dealership in Escalon (about 2 and a half hours north of you) was the only one I found in the area quoting below MSRP. If you're thinking about using this one, send me a PM and I'll talk to the owner and let him know you're interested.

Voodoo Rufus

Reaction score
I haven't looked too far south but I know the dealership in Escalon (about 2 and a half hours north of you) was the only one I found in the area quoting below MSRP. If you're thinking about using this one, send me a PM and I'll talk to the owner and let him know you're interested.

Thanks. I don't see any in inventory at the Escalon dealer. Neither does Paso. The Bako Ford is asking $85k for their trucks....nuts.

OP
OP
Venerous

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't see any in inventory at the Escalon dealer. Neither does Paso. The Bako Ford is asking $85k for their trucks....nuts.
Yeah, they (Escalon) don't have any in inventory but, special ordered mine below MSRP and in CA, even finding one on the lot for anything less than 10k - 20k over is next to impossible ($85k - $95k is about average around here). Want me to at least talk to the owner? I believe you had mentioned that you planned on ordering anyways, right? Let me guess - you don't want the twin panel moon roof? (I didn't either, thus the need to order mine)

Voodoo Rufus

Reaction score
Yeah, they (Escalon) don't have any in inventory but, special ordered mine below MSRP and in CA, even finding one on the lot for anything less than 10k - 20k over is next to impossible ($85k - $95k is about average around here). Want me to at least talk to the owner? I believe you had mentioned that you planned on ordering anyways, right? Let me guess - you don't want the twin panel moon roof? (I didn't either, thus the need to order mine)

Sorry, didn't catch this until now. You guessed it, I don't like moon roofs. If I were to order one, the basics would be Rapid Red or Magnetic, Carbon and 802A in Super Crew.

Going to hold off a few months, but I'll bug you if that changes. I need oil prices to bounce back a bit, not only for purchases but my job!

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, Nor Cal here and it's no different. Stealerships askin $10k - $20k over MSRP. Special ordered mine through a decent place out here in a farming community for about $6k under MSRP - Dealt with the owner, he was great.
Nice! Where at in Nor Cal? I’m outside Sacramento near Beale AFB. Wife is stationed at Beale and I work for the govt in Sacramento. Waiting until the wife gets orders elsewhere!

RadDad760

Reaction score
If La Mesa, CA isn’t to far for you call Josh Irvine at Penske Ford - he’ll give you a good deal. There’s probably even a way to get the truck delivered to you. 619-942-0553

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter