New Raptor mistakenly undercoated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm almost a new 2020 Raptor owner. We have agreed on price and my trade and so I've placed a deposit. Part of the deal was to put a LineX bed coating in the truck.

So, the big question is obviously an equation of what you want, so is the deal a gangbuster deal, above average, average or you could do better if you tried?

Sales rep calls and explains that the LineX dealer thought it was also supposed to put undercoating on the truck as well

Unfortunate.

When he told me this I was upset even though this added service would be at no cost to me

And obviously it was worth every extra penny you paid :-/

This truck is pretty much exactly the spec I was looking for and being late in the year we all know ordering a new Raptor isn't in the cards.

That’s unfortunate as well. Everyone’s telling you to jump to the next truck, but, as you’ve pointed out the bollixed linex job truck has the seats you want at a not insignificant cost. Others have suggested having the dealer cannibalize the incoming Rap and this one. I will counter with - show me a first hand example of this happening in real life, not some sasquatch77 like fantasy. Not a friend’s deal or you heard of a guy - you actually got a dealer to cannibalize one vehicle for option parts and put in another vehicle. We’ll all wait here ...

The dealer would gain absolutely nothing from such a deal and they would lose lots of money. If they lose money they don’t stay in business and can’t sell you another vehicle.

so this truck has your seats and your reports are the stealership has been willing to work with you and by all accounts, up front with you. The last part is important. Honest brokers are difficult to come across in sales.

If they’re willing to try to make it right, then were it me, I would return their honesty and tell them it would have to be practically as if nothing had happened. I doubt that’s an achievable standard, but you should be up front with them about your expectations. For a $70k truck, it should be exactly as you want it. if they can’t meet that expectation, or they try and they don’t meet that expectation, you will not accept the truck. Probably they will try to get you into the 2nd truck after this discussion and if that’s the case, you have a decision to make. I would give them the opportunity to right the deal here, with the clear understanding that if it isn’t 100% to your liking, you won’t be driving it home.

If it doesn’t work out on this truck, then is the deal good enough that you’d be ok with the 2nd truck without Recaros? Honestly, I have the ’17 Rap, and the seats are freakin’ awesome. The great news is, regardless of which route you go, you’ll have a great purchase story.

Lacajun25

Reaction score
Tell them I’ll give them 50c on the dollar for it [emoji23]. I agree with the rest of the guys, take the other truck or have them swap seats. Better yet, take the second truck at the discounted price but with the swapped seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short answer...

Get this truck, you will regret it. Period. Even if you never looked under the truck again, you'd still know.

Personal knowledge of Recaro seats with that material. WILL NOT hold up long to daily driving. If not a daily driver, no worries.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recaros slap on the regular seats, but I would not have them switch out the interiors. I believe the recaro package is more than just seats. Just take the second truck as is.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ummm- they will DEFINITELY swap seats. I’ve done this w/ my last truck & wheels....

as for the OPs truck? I wouldn’t take delivery either, that’s a ridiculous screw up & a more ridiculous hack job.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the sales rep. To be fair...the dealership has been great. The sales rep...nothing but professional and fair.

This build is 802A, twin panel roof, Recaro, forged wheels, LineX (added to the truck) bed, Performance Blue. Everything except the tailgate step. This would have been my build if I ordered it. Hell, I already have an Extang Solid fold 2.0 being delivered Friday to the home.

I told him I was sick looking at the video. He said the GM called the LineX GM and they had a long discussion. As in this may become a LineX shop truck. Who needs to tape anything off, just open up the nozzle and spray away. The dealership told me they will make the LineX dealer strip off all the overspray, the skids, lower control arms and shocks. However, that's not reality and this stuff won't come off. I checked out the link from @goblues32. Ya... this stuff won't come off.

He did say they have an identical build just delivered except it does not have the Recaro package. He's sending me the window sticker. Obviously this will be a bit less expensive, but I wanted the seats more than saving 2k.

Still not sure what I'm going to do. Not going to take this truck that's for sure.

From cleaning out my T4R getting a hotel booked for the overnight stay to literally dropping to the floor when I got the call and seeing the video.
Since you have a contract with the dealer have him do a dealer search for the exact same truck and get it shipped to his dealership at his cost.No way I would accept that ever. If you have to go above his head at the dealer I would do so, it can`t hurt to try