New Raptor Arrived...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Ultima interfere with the A/C seat divots?
I was told it doesn’t. The instructions reads to thoroughly wet “cloth fabrics” and to let sit for a while and wipe off excess. I drenched mine, but haven’t tried the ventilated seats yet. I’ll be the guinea pig and will try the AC seats and let you know if the product affected the function of the seats. I can tell you this, the tiny holes in the fabric are not clogged.

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Ultima interfere with the A/C seat divots?
I forgot to mention. I don’t follow the instructions and I’ve used this product now on four of my new car purchases. The instructions reads to spray 2-3 times on an applicator and apply to all interior trim, leather, Vinyl, rubber and plastics (basically everything interior but the glass), let sit for 3-5 minutes and wipe off access.

What I did/do, is Liberally spray product directly to all interior parts, let sit for 1 hour and wipe off excess. You’ll notice most of the product will be soaked up and some will remain on the surface. What’s remaining is hard to rub off and actually Temporarily leaves some of the parts shinny, which is not the goal. If you work diligently and really rub off the excess and still have shiny high spots, in a day or two they will dissipate and you’ll have a nice Matte clean finish. This way you get a really good initial coat that last for 6 to 8 months. I’ve also allied this product on very expensive European cars with supple napped leather with the same good results. As a side note, they also make a very good exterior paint protection product, same concept, apply to all exterior parts, including glass and acts like a ceramic coating for 6 months, depending on how well you care for your Exterior maintenance. I love this stuff.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told it doesn’t. The instructions reads to thoroughly wet “cloth fabrics” and to let sit for a while and wipe off excess. I drenched mine, but haven’t tried the ventilated seats yet. I’ll be the guinea pig and will try the AC seats and let you know if the product affected the function of the seats. I can tell you this, the tiny holes in the fabric are not clogged.

I just looked the Ultima product up. I like the UV protection, and protection from skin oils and salts. Human sweat is one of the most corrosive and damaging substances period.

So does this dry to a nice matte finish? How does the leather on the seats feel?

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked the Ultima product up. I like the UV protection, and protection from skin oils and salts. Human sweat is one of the most corrosive and damaging substances period.

So does this dry to a nice matte finish? How does the leather on the seats feel?
Yes, I don’t like shinny. It enhances the natural look of the leather and vinyl and leaves no residue and finishes to a nice matte finish. I’ll try to capture some pictures on my Mercedes G wagon, the leather seats really turned out nicer than when i first picked it up new.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you applied that Ultima UV interior protectant at this point? I’m curious to hear how it applied and dried?

Thanks

OP
OP
Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you applied that Ultima UV interior protectant at this point? I’m curious to hear how it applied and dried?

Thanks
Yes I did, it did slightly darken the leather and plastic, and was very monolithic after drying. I Saturated everything, and let it sit for 30 minutes, then wiped off with a new microfiber (this is not what the instructions call for), overall, very pleased. I was amazed how much of the product was Absorbed. Someone asked me to post pictures of my MB G after applying the Ultima, as the leather in the MB is significantly different than our Raptors. Here are a couple of pictures. Side note, on my G, I do coat over the Ultima with “gloss it” Satin Leather Polish”. A little goes along way and I love this stuff. I apply it to my Porsches as well. It’s a bit more work to apply in order to get an even coat without streaming, you apply and then Immediately wipe off Haven’t apply to my Raptor just yet, but will.

B1941838-1B8A-4892-8C83-3693C1131E84.jpeg

AAEDEA45-397E-46E9-AEEB-296431A76AB8.jpeg

EFC0F910-605D-460D-B523-BEE52E026CD2.jpeg

B3DBD234-AF16-4767-8068-0A8051F2B0F0.jpeg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Benz looks good. Still quite natural looking. So you decided to wipe the product off the Raptor interior to remove the excess? Otherwise you can let it dry in?

I’d like to see a couple of pics of the truck interior if you find a chance too.

Thanks