New Race Tire from Toyo: Toyo Open Country M/T-R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes, but on street, no tread is best for track, but tread is mandatory for street. i was just under the assumption we would want deeper tread for an offroad tire.

I know buddy. Was referring to compound on a tire then tread. Compound is a big issue on track as well. I've seen it all on track. Rode it many times. Text me off this!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yes, but on street, no tread is best for track, but tread is mandatory for street. i was just under the assumption we would want deeper tread for an offroad tire.

The reason there's less tread is because they're race tires, in mud (the general idea of offroad) you need more tread depth to aid in grip, but in the desert if your tread lugs are too tall then they will just get ripped off, the taller they are the more leverage they put against where they connect to the main body of the tire, this plus race tires are usually destroyed before they would normally run through their tread depth so they don't need the same amount of tread as DOT tires, it would just be a waste of rubber