New owner Ruby Red Super Crew - Southern California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JohnF

Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't think Ruby Red was an option with the 2018s. According to Ford's site, it's just race. Was your truck a custom build or purchased off the lot?
Truck purchased off the lot.

It is a confusing situation regarding Ruby Red. In my area if you do an inventory search you can find Ruby Red 2018. However, if you try to build one up on the external consumer site, Ruby Red does not show up.

Another dealer sent me a photo of some notice saying Ruby Red and Avalanche were being deleted, and Lead Foot and Race Red were being added. But he went to his internal system of ordering and found Ruby Red was, in fact, available.

So maybe it was deleted and then later added, but did not get updated onto the consumer screen when building a vehicle.

ace75

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. I was curious if you had to pay any dealer markup, being that you're in So Cal.

OP
OP
J

JohnF

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. I was curious if you had to pay any dealer markup, being that you're in So Cal.
Thanks. A small mark-up compared to what most are asking. I talked to many dealers in So Cal, Nor Cal, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado - I could not find any that would sell at MSRP. I understand it does happen, but not what I observed.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck purchased off the lot.

It is a confusing situation regarding Ruby Red. In my area if you do an inventory search you can find Ruby Red 2018. However, if you try to build one up on the external consumer site, Ruby Red does not show up.

Another dealer sent me a photo of some notice saying Ruby Red and Avalanche were being deleted, and Lead Foot and Race Red were being added. But he went to his internal system of ordering and found Ruby Red was, in fact, available.

So maybe it was deleted and then later added, but did not get updated onto the consumer screen when building a vehicle.

That's good info, thanks for sharing. I'm trying to decide on color, and don't like the brighter race red as much as the ruby red. I will have to ask my dealer about the possibility of ordering ruby, since it's clear ruby 2018s are in the wild.

OP
OP
J

JohnF

Reaction score
That's good info, thanks for sharing. I'm trying to decide on color, and don't like the brighter race red as much as the ruby red. I will have to ask my dealer about the possibility of ordering ruby, since it's clear ruby 2018s are in the wild.
You're welcome. Prior to coming to terms with the truck I purchased, another dealer put in an order for Ruby Red and it was accepted. The next step was getting it approved and assigned a VIN number. Not sure if it got to that point because I purchased the vehicle the dealer had on hand.

Also, the dealer I got it from has another Ruby Red coming in in a few weeks. It already shows up on the Ford system with a VIN number, so most likely your dealer should be able to order Ruby Red for you.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back when I ordered my truck, according to my dealer, Ruby Red was a "late release" color and could be ordered but might not not be available until early 2018. At the time, I had narrowed my choices down to Ruby and Lightning Blue. Ultimately I went Lightning Blue and love it, but I still like the Ruby Red too, especially in the sunlight.