New or Old style rims, which is better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmodic

Reaction score
Anybody knows which rims are better the new style or old style? With regards to off road performance. Style I like the new ones better but that is just my opinion.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt either has a performance advantage over the other.

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like any of them to be honest... Someone suprise me for christmas and send me something nicer. Or... for Monday? :p

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only the whelrims that are on the 2010's are the fastest!!! Since 5.4>6.2 ask Ironman when launched his 5.4 over test hill and blew out his rear window!!! Or when he kicked the crap outa all the 6.2's in the races!!! See its the metal whelrims are made of on the 2010's with the 5.4 its go fast metal!!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The difference of the rims is that the new ones have the balancing weights mounting inside while the older ones are mounted outside. In terms of off roading, the newer rims would be better since you have less of a chance for your weights to fall off. However, there are no major benefits between one or the other

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inside stick on weights don't do as well in mud. Mud gets caught between the brake caliper and wheel and the weights get pulled off. Clip on weights usually balance with less weight (and balance better in my balancing experience) because they are further from the center.