New Member with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenderCRNA

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I do not have a raptor...…. yet. I'm in my final stages of doing research on it before I commit. I plan on ordering one by the end of February at the latest. I plan ordering the supercrew set up. What, if anything did you wish you knew before purchase? Or what should I be asking the dealer? What options are worth the money, which aren't? Also, this will be my daily driver. I will do some off roading / recreation with it and a lot of driving through snow and winter driving conditions. Are the beadlock rims worth the extra money? Or should I save my money and go for aftermarket wheels? They're listed as an $1895 option on Ford's website.

Thanks for any input

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Beadlocks are not worth it on a Raptor unless you just like the look. You won't blow a bead on the regular wheels unless you do something really stupid, and they are not technically legal on the road if truly installed as beadlocks. But many people feel the look justifies the cost.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I do not have a raptor...…. yet. I'm in my final stages of doing research on it before I commit. I plan on ordering one by the end of February at the latest. I plan ordering the supercrew set up. What, if anything did you wish you knew before purchase? Or what should I be asking the dealer? What options are worth the money, which aren't? Also, this will be my daily driver. I will do some off roading / recreation with it and a lot of driving through snow and winter driving conditions. Are the beadlock rims worth the extra money? Or should I save my money and go for aftermarket wheels? They're listed as an $1895 option on Ford's website.

Thanks for any input

tailgate step, do not pay for graphics, carbon fiber interior, or fancy trim levels. If you don’t opt for luxury(? used to be 802a), get the torsen front diff. rear seat heaters if you haul passengers.

for DD, tech package is way worth it.
as indicated, unless you’re airing down a lot off road, the bead lock --capable-- wheels are not a bargain and they’re heavy. You could get aftermarket bead locks cheaper and they will almost certainly be lighter. My Rap is fully loaded, minus c/f interior and hood decals and I find a use for all but the graphics. However, she’s been in the shop 3 times for the moon roof; knowing what I know now, I would not buy another F150 with the moon roof, even if it’s a bargain. It’s a hassle when it breaks and it breaks easily. there are workarounds, but easier to avoid it.

Johnny Quest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. The beadlocks are the best looking OEM option available IMO, but aftermarket ones look much better. I may have passed on those to end up with Methods later anyway. I didn’t think I would use the heated seats and heated steering wheel very much but turns out I use it all the time and look forward to remote starting the truck so its the perfect temp ready for me to get in. Like others mentioned, no vote on the graphics. Get what you want, go for it and have fun!!

GhostRHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
To answer some of your questions i researched for a very long time before making my purchase and these are the things i felt were must have's, but of course your budget will ultimately dictate what you can afford.

802A - Must in my opinion, adding some of the options individually already push it into the same price point
Tailgate Step - I think this pretty much speaks for itself, but the use of this is great!
Technology Pkg - If you are buying a 2020, then in my opinion this is a great option

Carbon Fiber pkg - I am not a fan of the flat plastic bits i think it makes the truck look cheap and honestly think this should come standard, I wish the center bezel was carbon as well.

Other then those options i think its up to you and what will make you enjoy ownership of the raptor the most.

AVJ19SCAB

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Thanks for any input

i would save for aftermarket, I have a 19 with beadlocks I’m selling.
Just bought aftermarket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter