New member - Just a few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doha-Stu

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lover and first time owner of a Ford Raptor.

2014 model supercab living here in Qatar.

165,000km, in decent condition, feels great, Im loving it of course.

Just a few small issues I was looking for some experienced advice on before I goto a mechanic.

1. There is a slight jolt, or jump, when going 1st to 2nd gear, All other gear changes are super smooth however.
2. Noise. It seems excessively noisy seemingly from the exhaust system . Sometimes a sounds more a high pitched whining, tinny sound. When I first test drove it it was worse, really blowing, and the guy I bought from told me he needed to replace a gasket between the header and the exhaust? He did it and it seemed quieter, but now seems to be getting louder again. Its mainly noisy when accelerating. When upto speed and the revs come down it doesnt sound excessive.
3. It appears to drive fine, smooth, with power.

For what its worth I attached a short video trying to capture the start up sound?
View attachment 20230221_112527 (2).mp4

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Is the truck all stock? You mention headers, which is why I ask.

1st to 2nd shifts can be a bit abrupt at times on my truck. Hard to say over the internet if yours is abnormal. It took multiple hundreds of miles for my transmission to learn my driving style after I cleared the adaptive learning tables. You may just need to drive it for a while before making a decision if the shifting is concerning.