New member with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
i joined to get some expert advice regarding my next vehicle purchase. I have owned several Fords and need some advice on which vehicle I should purchase next. I have owned both Kong Ranch and Platinim F 150 trucks in four wheel drive. I then bought an Explorer Sport to have along with my Shelby GT 500 and also the Shelby GT 350 that replaced it.. I am now down to wanting only one vehicle and have a 2018 Expedition Platinum. I will trade it in in about a year for a F 150 as I miss and need a truck. My question for you experts here are should I get a 4x4 King Ranch, Platinum, Limited or a Raptor? It will be my on,ynmode of transportation other than my wife’s small SUV. Please let me know the pluses and minuses that you have had experience with. Thanks in advance for the help even though I am a year away from a purchase

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You can do most off road stuff with an FX4, the Rap gets you more power and off road capability that very few people will exploit. if you’re buying just because.. Go for the Rap. If you’re in to off roading, want something you can live with every day and regular just won’t do for you or you just want it, get the Raptor. but if you just casually off road, or want a more work oriented truck, look at other F150’s, and you may save some money.

OP
OP
D

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I need to know about the highway ride comfort and also how much bigger is the Raptor. My wife says I have trouble parking my Expedition!

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If resale value is a concern, get he Rappy… they hold value like crazy. What will you the truck's main use? Even a Starbucks truck is cooler in Raptor form...Then again, most on this site are probably a little biased...

Jeff302

Reaction score
From my perspective, there are only 3 F150 options, depending on what you're looking for.

Option 1: If you mainly want something to beat up working, get an XL or XLT with the fewest options you can live with.

Option 2: If you want the most luxurious, most comfortable, good at everything but master of none F150, get the Limited.

Option 3: If you want the bad ass looks and/or TRUE off road capability, with or without nearly the luxury and comfort of option 2, and/or the most powerful F150, get the Raptor. An added big plus is that they also hold their value FAR better than just about anything else on the road, outside of the true exotics (Paganis, Bugattis, Ferraris, etc).

Every other F150 is, IMHO, a compromise on these 3 main options.

Just ask yourself which category you fall into, and there's your truck.

Last edited:

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like money isn't an issue, so I'd get either the Limited or Raptor. The Raptor is probably more fun than the Limited. That being said, if I'd known they were putting the Raptor engine in the Limited, I might have waited for that. My original choices were the Expedition Platinum, F-150 Limited and Raptor. I chose the Raptor for the fun factor. I traded in a 17 Explorer Platinum that I had just under 2 years.

Jeff302

Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't know they started putting the HO in the Limited! I just looked it up, and you are 100% correct @Raptorguy1 . I guess it is now slotted above the Platinum in the lineup. I'll have to edit my previous post!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If the Raptor is on your radar, get the Raptor. You're into them enough to create an account and ask opinions. My opinion, you will regret not buying one every time you pass one on the road.

Worst case trade/sell the Raptor in if you don't like it and lose a couple grand maybe. Try that with any other F150 or even your Expediton.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve sat in the limited seats. They are not as comfortable as the raptor. As far as ride goes, personal preference. I’m not so sure that the 18 Raptor didn’t drive better . The 19 Raptor, well we will just have to wait-and-see how it drives with the new shocks. I don’t think there’s a consensus on that yet. My raptor should be here in a few days and I hope it rides as well or better on the road as the 18 raptor . Also the limited even with the raptor engine will fool you with it’s towing ability. I’m assuming the 20 inch wheels has something to do with that lower tow rating. One more thing, you better like the color scheme of the limited seats, because it only comes in one color. That lite enterior seat trim will get dirty fast. Don’t get me wrong it’s a beautiful truck. But like one of the other posters said.....it isn’t a Raptor