New member with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
Sounds like money isn't an issue, so I'd get either the Limited or Raptor. The Raptor is probably more fun than the Limited. That being said, if I'd known they were putting the Raptor engine in the Limited, I might have waited for that. My original choices were the Expedition Platinum, F-150 Limited and Raptor. I chose the Raptor for the fun factor. I traded in a 17 Explorer Platinum that I had just under 2 years.

This is the information I needed especially since you had @n Explorer. I do not like the Limited so my choices are a King Ranch or the Raptor. I guess ride factor on the highway and comfort is what I want to know. I have driven a 2018 fully loaded Raptor while my Expedition has an oil change service. The Raptor seats are the most comfortable seats I have sat in

Thanks for all the help

bobn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell us more about that Kong Ranch. lol

Based on your cars you've had, I would say a Jeep Trackhawk is the way to go, or a Shelby Baja Raptor. :)

Here is a link that could may be be of help?

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/my-2017-raptor-vs-my-2018-platinumso-2017-a-417465/

Granted the comparison is a 17 Raptor; would you go 19? But plenty of 18's sitting on lots, and come next month I would think dealers would really want to dump them.

OP
OP
D

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
Not sure where the "Kong Ranch" came from but I am interested in a Ford. I know that based on my past ownership of cars that the Jeep Trackhawk would be an option except it has less towing than any F150 Besides that it is a MOPAR product that I will NEVER own. To set the record straight on what I would like to have, nothing in my past ownership has anything to do with what I buy int the future. I have moved WAY past owing really fast cars or trucks and need a truck as my everyday vehicle that will tow my hunting equipment when I need to as well as my John Deere 550 tractor.

I have owned the following fast vehicles: Porsche 928S, Mercedes 2.3 16 Valve, 2004 and 2006 Corvette convertibles and a 2008 Corvette coupe, 2011 Shelby GT 500 and finally the 2016 GT350. All were great vehicles that I did not drive every day except for the 928S and the Mercedes.

I will be ready to purchase a truck in about 9-12 months when I get about 50,000 miles on my 18 Expedition Platinum and just need a truck as I was weak and got out of two King Ranch and two Platinum F150 trucks to get in the Expedition Sport. Mainly because I had the Shelby's at the time and to make more room in my garage to please my wife. The Explorer was a fun ride but not big enough and could not even tow my Mastercraft boat when needed. I love the 18 Expedition but need a truck to haul deer corn, mineral blocks and even dead animals that I would never put inside my vehicle.

I just started they post for some feedback on size and ride of the King Ranch F140 4X4 compared to the Raptor. I know that there are some great buys around the country but I will buy local as I cannot get a better deal anywhere and I know that because my Little Brother in my college fraternity owns a Ford dealership and I can always get it from him but my local good friend and dealer knows that so I buy local.

I know that this is a lengthy post but I appreciate any and all responses. I just have not heard from Mamula and I love reading his posts since he is a supporting member, knows more about pricing that anyone I have EVER encountered and also has so many friends that follow him and are rabid fans and totally agree with him!

Thanks again for the help

OP
OP
D

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
Thanks to bobn for the link. I will definitely test drive both a King Ranch 4x4 SCREW and a Raptor when I get ready to trade.

bobn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not a Platinum? I have an 18 Platinum and am surprised how many comments I get from people of all ages of how sharp the truck is, it rides very nice down the highway and has a sharp interior. Also has park assist which works awesome so would help you with your parking issues. ha

For whatever reason I've never been a fan of the interior color on the Kong Ranch, but it is better than what is used to be. And Kong just sounds better to me. Maybe Ford should do a Kong ranch, no other truck could compete with it!!!

If you need a vehicle to haul and going to do a lot of hauling, you probably don't want a Raptor due to suspension being so soft. Now I don't own a Raptor, but have a buddy that has one and he tows often and complains about the soft suspension. He said he needs airbags to haul a fully loaded bed of ping pong balls. haha

I'm on this forum as I'm thinking of getting a Raptor come spring after I sell my Challenger hellcat.

As I have just crossed the bridge (it was this last summer) of over owning really fast cars, as have also had a bmw m5. The speed up then slow down quick in fear of getting a ticket gets old really fast. Plus, with 9 months of winter around here (not quite 9 but it seems like it) it really gets to me seeing a car sit for that long of time.

The link I shared, the OP just bought a 2019 Raptor and said would put up a review soon, so you may want to be on the look out for that review.

OP
OP
D

Duckgumbeaux

Reaction score
Thanks bobn. I have owned a Platinum F150 and also a King Ranch or as you say Kong Ranch. I actually like the interior of the King Ranch and that is why I am considering it; however, the extra benefits that you mentioned may make me change my mind and go back with a Platinum. I am certainly not a fan of the Limited and I hate the lettering on the hood. Actually who gives a rat's ass about lettering on the hood unless you have the electrically challenged Range Rover and Land Rover family of vehicles. I have a close friend with a Hellcat Charge and that vehicle is awesome even for a MoPar vehicle. Scary fast and way more comfortable than my GT350!

After viewing your link, I am getting more swayed toward a King Ranch or a Platinum but time will tell.