New Member New Hampshire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasTude

Reaction score
New Member in New Hampshire. Texan by birth...Living In New England (It's a woman's fault)
2 time Raptor owner, former Jeep fanboy until I bought a Gen 2 and there was no looking back.
Currently own a 2021 Leadfoot Gen 3, traded the Gen 2 for same price I paid for it in 2018 so it was a no brainer.
Here looking for ideas, tips and tricks and community.
Anyone else ever wonder, in the darkness of night what Ford engineers were smoking when they decided to put a tailgate pop on a remote? Don't do Drugs kids!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the Gen 3. Well that ain’t new if you talking Gen 3. As that as an option on the Gen 2. Was convenient for loading, but it’s an accident on siting to happen. At least with the Gen 3 you can power close by remote too?

New Hampshire, “Live Free or Die” ???

Enjoy that truck!

OP
OP
T

TexasTude

Reaction score
The new girl in my life. With the decked system and Line-x completed.
@K223 I actually had my tailgate drop on my Genm2 while towing a trailer. Luckily for me my service manager was awesome and got Ford to repair it on their dime.
I believe it was my fault as the key might have been in my pocket. not sure. But I still think its a brain dead idea.
And ya, the new tailgate lifts too automatically. I have that feature turned off.
I still use my truck as a truck

Attachments

• image_6487327.JPG
    image_6487327.JPG
    253.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image_50459905.JPG
    image_50459905.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image_50408705.JPG
    image_50408705.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
T

TexasTude

Reaction score
I will post my first love too.
The Corsa exhaust turned out to be a bit overly aggressive.
No sneaking up on favorite hunting spots with this girl.
My wife does custom Vinyl as a hobby so I replicated Eddie to the new Raptor but used grey this time.
She is making me a Raptor *********** on a T Rex with the T rex eyes bugging out and bent over.....I will post it once she is done :)

Attachments

• image_50435073.JPG
    image_50435073.JPG
    318.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow that’s something I never want to see brother. A girl with a big pipe sticking out lol

You have and have had a couple of nice girls. Very nice indeed. Well if they allow you to disable the tailgate remote release then that’s most of the worry gone. I was first worried about hitting that release while backed up against a wall. I still play it careful. They could have used the rear radar sensors to play gatekeeper and allow or disallow based on what’s behind you. Get on Fords next customer questionnaire and let them know.

Have fun

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
New Member in New Hampshire. Texan by birth...Living In New England (It's a woman's fault)
Welcome to FRF.
Welcome to the place. Congrats on your Prius. When and if you ever do actually buy a Raptor, post a pic of it. Wait until @smurfslayer gets here with your provisional pics.
I’m sayin'
Welcome to FRF! Lets see some pics
That’s what I’m talking about. Don’t be letting the n00bs off easy like @K223
The new girl in my life. With the decked system and Line-x completed.
@K223 I actually had my tailgate drop on my Genm2 while towing a trailer. Luckily for me my service manager was awesome and got Ford to repair it on their dime.
I believe it was my fault as the key might have been in my pocket. not sure. But I still think its a brain dead idea.
And ya, the new tailgate lifts too automatically. I have that feature turned off.
I still use my truck as a truck
Curses. Foiled again. No provisional prius pics for you.

#OneLessprius :-D