New Member - Interested in Owning a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking to buy a Raptor this summer or possibly next winter. I actually came about a hairs breath from buying one this winter, but at the time I couldn't justify the payments when I had a fully paid off car. Now, as my Lexus IS350 has been basically out of commission this whole winter, and I have lost a bit of money, I have vowed never to let this happen again... stupid Illinois winters...

Anyway, I will probably buy a used 2012-13 as I don't want to pay much more then 45-48 right now, or I will wait for the 2016 if it is announced or there are mules running around before november.

Is there a forum here that discusses 2015-16 rumors? I have seen the tread in the general forum, but nothing else.

Thank you!!

Bluewater

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you do some searching on this forum you will find that Ford will not produce the Raptor in 2015 while they re-tool for the next Gen F-150. Romors being rumors it sounds like they will again produce the Raptor in 2016 however nobody is certain. Certainly would make sense as it is a big money maker for Ford. Also, if you read some of the threads out here you will find that the cutoff dates for ordering a new 2014 are quickly coming to a close. If you are waiting till this summer or next winter to buy new, you may be out of luck. However, you should be able to find a good used Raptor but you may have to pay increased prices for it with the cutoff and limited production of this years model year. Hope that helps!

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I were you, I would order a raptor NOW at invoice. not sure if you wanted a scab or screw, but invoice on a 2014 scab is 42,253 and a screw is just under 45k. It will take 3-4 months for delivery so that will land you right within your timeframe

I ordered mine with no deposit... but I'm canceling due to me just purchasing one off a lot