New Member - 2013 6.2 Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTrav

Reaction score
Hey all,

Happy to be here and always wanted a Raptor ever since my uncle took me for a ride off roading in Mendocino when I was a kid. Had a Rivian R1T for a year but had too many issues so I lemoned it and bought this to replace it. Got it for 16k with 200k miles and I'm planning on putting some money in to really get it up to *****. Stuck in California so can't do all the stuff I'd want but will definitely set it up for overlanding like I did with the Riv.

Quick questions - I'm getting a Squawk sound from 3-4th gear and back down when the transmission is warm and also hearing some squeaking while coasting through town (no gas, no brakes) any ideas on where to start? I have an appt at dealer for Friday but I'd like to go in educated so I can point them in the right direction.
The A/C seems to be blowing kind of warm as well, does that need to be recharged ever?

Thanks all! I'll be adding more pics once I take it out and about (gotta wait for CA plates since it's registered in Montana and CA doesn't like those out of staters.)

IMG_5096.jpg

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that ain't no prius, welcome aboard

And what the hell happened to your side steps???
Looks like they are delaminated. (Big word). Welcome and that’s a few miles on that Raptor. Just got broken in. Bet that’s a change from an EV to a Raptor. Not sure about your issues. Maintenance done in the past? Tranny fluid ect.

OP
OP
S

SVTrav

Reaction score
The truck was a ranch truck in the Dakotas for most of its life so she's in need of some TLC. Thankfully no frame rust but the bumper needs to go.

I'm planning on taking them off and having them powder coated, but open to suggestions if there's a better way to do it!

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking truck. Not sure on trans since I can’t hear it.

On the brakes or squeak check the rock shields near the brakes. Sometimes those get bent in while rotating or changing tires. Just pull it back in place by hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter