New Light-bar wiring issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCSVT1

Reaction score
Hello. I got a new light bar to upgrade the original one I put in my bumper but the wires are different and not as expected. Similar to my 4" light pods that cycle through white/amber/strobe, this does as well. However, the pods do this automatically with the 2 wires (power and ground) by turning them on/off/on. This bar has 3 wires (red/white/black), assumed for the harness that didn't come with it. Best i can tell there's power for the amber, white and a ground. Is there a way to add a relay or something to this so it will function like the pods do and can be wired to the upfitter switch? Or would it be easier to just get a different bar?
Thanks in advance.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want it to auto cycle you may need a different bar, since that is a circuitry feature. You can just run a second upfitter to the second input. Do you have a wiring diagram or product link?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Source a 3 position 12v switch and use that to power the light. A little more difficult, but it’s the only way I can think of to retain the backlight only functionality.

Or, you give up the functionality and have the up fitter power both backlight and main light.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the Amber a back-lighting feature within the light like what Rigid offers?

OP
OP
D

DCSVT1

Reaction score
Sorry, away from the computer for the weekend. No this is separate white and amber, hence the 3 wires.
I took one of my cubes apart and there's circuitry built into the board that controls the white/amber/white strobe/amber strobe functionality with a flick of the switch. If done within a few seconds it will cycle through. Wait 5 or more, then it goes back to the start.
Looks like I just need a different bar.