New here! Camburg Level Kit or Eibach Springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys!

New member here. I just bought a used 2018 Gen2 Scab. My plan has always been to throw the Eibach springs up front to level it. Then I realized the last owner already leveled the front with the 1.5” Camburg spring preload spacer kit.

I have read mixed reviews on spacer preload leveling kits on raptors and the extra tension it puts on the entire suspension system isn’t the best thing for it.

So my question is: Should I pull these camburg leveling spacers off and achieve that front height with Eibach springs instead?

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

To answer your question it depends on what exactly you're looking to get out of your truck.

Are you simply looking to just have the truck sit level and not off roading? Which being in Hawaii, from what i remember there isn't much of that around lol.

Springs will give you the lift just like collars, but also give you back that softness which collars take away a bit. Don't be too concerned with the added tension with collars, especially if you're not beating on the truck. But if you're concerned about it go with springs, and like I said you'll gain some of that stock plushness back. There's tons of videos of guys like Heli Muro beating his poor Gen 2 with stock suspension and aftermarket springs.

Finally, if you go with springs you can go with Eibach or Geiser. Geiser's are progressive springs and Eibach aren't.

Either way, hope this helps answer your question. and ask anyone in the Gen 2 section with any questions you may have.. we're all here to help!

Oh BTW.. post pics of your truck! We'd love to see it.. or we'll just assume you're actually a Prius owner.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having done both before I went long travel I disagree slightly with what was said above. My truck rode so much better with the Camburg spacers and stock springs than the eibach springs. I ended up taking the eibach springs off and putting my Camburg spacers back on. No comparison. I didn’t like my cv angles with the eibach springs. In my opinion the preload from the heavier spring rate is much harder than the spacers from Camburg. I think they would agree with this is you called Camburg. Truck sat taller with eibach springs than with the Camburg spacers though.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having done both before I went long travel I disagree slightly with what was said above. My truck rode so much better with the Camburg spacers and stock springs than the eibach springs. I ended up taking the eibach springs off and putting my Camburg spacers back on. No comparison. I didn’t like my cv angles with the eibach springs. In my opinion the preload from the heavier spring rate is much harder than the spacers from Camburg. I think they would agree with this is you called Camburg. Truck sat taller with eibach springs than with the Camburg spacers though.

What year truck?

OP
OP
scabraptorhawaii
Reaction score
Welcome!

To answer your question it depends on what exactly you're looking to get out of your truck.

Are you simply looking to just have the truck sit level and not off roading? Which being in Hawaii, from what i remember there isn't much of that around lol.

Springs will give you the lift just like collars, but also give you back that softness which collars take away a bit. Don't be too concerned with the added tension with collars, especially if you're not beating on the truck. But if you're concerned about it go with springs, and like I said you'll gain some of that stock plushness back. There's tons of videos of guys like Heli Muro beating his poor Gen 2 with stock suspension and aftermarket springs.

Finally, if you go with springs you can go with Eibach or Geiser. Geiser's are progressive springs and Eibach aren't.

Either way, hope this helps answer your question. and ask anyone in the Gen 2 section with any questions you may have.. we're all here to help!

Oh BTW.. post pics of your truck! We'd love to see it.. or we'll just assume you're actually a Prius owner.

Thanks man! This helped a lot. I will post some pics of my new Prius right now.