New guy, Denver, '13 Raptor, yada.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Anvil

Reaction score
Thanks folks. Sorry for the late response, xmas season and all. Have the truck broken in now by putting about 4k miles on it now. Gas mileage is still dismal but has gone up about 2-mpg since new (avg. 14.5 on the hwy now). Had it down to near sea level and it's crazy how much punchier it is there than at our altitude. It's just begging for some artificial aspiration.

New wheels are ordered. Gonna' figure out some sort of cargo management for the bed and then get it and the rear wheel wells Line-X'd and some sort of bed cover. Also researching 37" tires but can't decide if it's really worth it for any reason other than the fact the 315s look so lost in those huge wheel wells.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Lots of Denver area owners and always good to have more!

If your wallet can handle it, the Whipple and a set of 37"s would be some great mods! Enjoy the new truck!

OP
OP
A

Anvil

Reaction score
Finally got the Raptor out for some wheeling at Slaughterhouse. No problem in the snow on any of the features save for the big ice build up at the creek crossing where anything without chains had zero bite. The truck just slid off the side and once back in the snow I made it across no problem. Also got to take a ride in Roush supercharged Raptor. I wasn't very impressed and I'm thinking it's just not worth the money. Making arrangements to get the Stainless Works headers and side exit exhaust (FTRPT13CBFT) & an Volant intake installed then dynotuned @ RMCR in the Springs.